PDA

View Full Version : garage sale mojo

mattj
6-3-11, 5:54pm
So, we have this big garage sale planned for tomorrow. My wife saw neighbors having one on the way to work this morning and phoned me about something she saw. When I went to check it out they had a vending machine for soda too! I got that and the cabinet she wanted for a lot less then they were asking. I've wanted a pop machine for some time because I hate playing "pop cop" with the kids. I'm going to let them drink as much diet/caffeine free pop as they can pay for and put all the proceeds towards their college fund. I might even devote one slot to beer, just to keep me honest. :laff:

early morning
6-3-11, 6:14pm
Oh, mattj, that brings back memories....(sorry for going ot...) my boyfriend at the time swapped some hubcaps for a chain-type Coke machine for our kitchen in my first (party) house. For a while it was our only fridge - we could put some things on a flat spot where you could keep extra Coke, and one pop at a time showed in the little window for sale. It only took quarters. We would put a variety of beverages in the pop spots, and sometimes friends would hit the jackpot and get a Little King, since they fit in! Gosh, I'd not thought of that in YEARS. I hope you have lots of fun with your machine, and I wish I still had mine! (BF swapped it later for an engine...) Good score! We're hitting the Route 40 sales tomorrow, in Ohio. Hoping for some good buys for our flea-market business.

rosarugosa
6-3-11, 8:05pm
Matt,
That sounds like a BRILLIANT idea!

Mrs-M
6-4-11, 12:27pm
Love it! You too Early Morning! Great story!!!