PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus Check

happystuff
4-12-20, 8:51am
It appears our stimulus check is "pending" deposit into our account. I guess we were part of the first round.

razz
4-12-20, 9:11am
Good! Don't hoard but spend it with your capable wisdom to do what the hopes of the bipartisan bill truly are - stimulate the economy by keeping the velocity of money flowing to benefit you and your community.

Teacher Terry
4-12-20, 11:32am
Since happy lost her job I am sure it will go to bills. I like that some people are donating to food banks because they are hit hard. Spending it to just spend it is a waste.

Yppej
4-12-20, 11:36am
My company has had layoffs and may have more, or hours cuts, or increases in benefits costs. I am not going to go spend my stimulus when I receive it. That would be irresponsible because I support myself and my disabled son on a single, non-professional income below the national median in a high cost of living state. My son does not receive SSI either, whole other story.

Tradd
4-12-20, 11:38am
As I’m laid off, it will go towards bills or savings.

iris lilies
4-12-20, 1:52pm
Since happy lost her job I am sure it will go to bills. I like that some people are donating to food banks because they are hit hard. Spending it to just spend it is a waste.

i think food banks are a good thing too, if thats your thing. It goes to the needy and also gets that money into circulation fast.

ToomuchStuff
4-12-20, 2:07pm
Don't hoard but spend it with your capable wisdom to do what the hopes of the bipartisan bill truly are - stimulate the economy by keeping the velocity of money flowing to benefit you and your community.

Stimulating the economy will be rather hard, when so much is closed. I expect that a lot of those who receive it, will only use it for groceries or current bills.

happystuff
4-12-20, 5:32pm

You are correct. Besides, paying my bills also puts the money in the hands of companies that employ people and provide services. I DO feel as if I am still contributing to the overall economy.

IF I get some *extra*, I still hope to get a new shed to replace the one that is falling down. We'll see how things play out.

Good luck to everyone else as well.

Yppej
4-13-20, 5:45am
I wonder how they decided who to put first. The IRS payment tracker is not up yet. Although I used direct deposit in both 2018 and 2019 I have no idea when I will get my payment, and the IRS website says don't call to ask.

happystuff
4-13-20, 6:58am
I wonder how they decided who to put first. The IRS payment tracker is not up yet. Although I used direct deposit in both 2018 and 2019 I have no idea when I will get my payment, and the IRS website says don't call to ask.

I have no clue! I only saw the pending deposit because I was going into my account to check my unemployment deposit and see if I received the extra $600 unemployment (have not received yet).

SiouzQ.
4-13-20, 11:33am
We are going to have to put our stimulus check money towards fixing our very leaky roof. Of course it's fine when it doesn't rain or snow, but this morning we woke up to a blizzard here in the mountains (after several weeks of spring weather) and it's already starting to leak and it hasn't even started melting yet! I am grateful to have the moisture in the "bank" as we rely on rain catchment system and a backup well and pump system for our water needs in the high desert of New Mexico.

Greg44
4-13-20, 4:28pm
Prudent me - would pay off all our bills + have a little extra left over.

Stimulus me - buy some furniture for the patio, small table top barbecue, air fare to east coast for this fall to visit dd and see new home, mini local vacation, new furniture for dd's old bedroom when she moves out in July.

I am a boring person, prudent me has a louder voice. Fortunately I am still working, but commissions are down...

Tradd
4-15-20, 3:27am
Mine just showed up in my checking account. Transferred it immediately to savings.

Yppej
4-15-20, 5:54am
Mine just showed up in my checking account. Transferred it immediately to savings.

Ditto.

Tybee
4-15-20, 8:09am
Tradd, I just read your post and then went and checked and ours was there, too! Happy about it, and moving it to savings as we speak.

SteveinMN
4-15-20, 11:40am
That made me check; ditto and ditto.

happystuff
4-15-20, 1:07pm
Deposit cleared. Ditto to savings.

Tradd
4-15-20, 1:35pm
Looks like mine will be paying for health insurance. Got a quote from an independent agent - savings of $300/month over COBRA.

Gardnr
4-15-20, 1:37pm
Looks like mine will be paying for health insurance. Got a quote from an independent agent - savings of $300/month over COBRA.

Great news!!!!

ApatheticNoMore
4-15-20, 1:52pm
There was talk in Congress of fully subsidizing COBRA, but I don't know, Congress is on vacation maybe indefinitely at this point anyway (do nothing from home), so I don't know the status of that.

Tradd
4-15-20, 1:54pm
There was talk in Congress of fully subsidizing COBRA, but I don't know, Congress is on vacation maybe indefinitely at this point anyway (do nothing from home), so I don't know the status of that.

As soon as we are allowed to, I'm going diving. I also have diving insurance, but it's not exactly a low risk hobby. Best to have the insurance. And hopefully I will have a job in the not so distant future.

rosarugosa
4-16-20, 6:12am
We got our stimulus direct deposits and our first expenditure was a donation to the MA Covid-19 Fund started by Gov Baker and his wife.

beckyliz
4-20-20, 5:37pm
There will be another round of direct deposits Wednesday the 22nd.

Tiam
4-22-20, 1:55am
I still have not received it. Nor am I found in the 'system'. I stopped checking.

JaneV2.0
4-22-20, 10:12am
As soon as we are allowed to, I'm going diving. I also have diving insurance, but it's not exactly a low risk hobby. Best to have the insurance. And hopefully I will have a job in the not so distant future.

Governor Inslee just announced a phase-in schedule, and outdoor recreation will restart early in May here.

ToomuchStuff
4-22-20, 10:24am
Went to the bank yesterday and made a couple deposits (took up around a $120 of change that had filled up my jar), and my balance was off from my checkbook. Checked and a direct deposit was made on the 15th for $1200 with no notice and my bank didn't mail the deposit receipt like they normally do. Didn't know they had that account number, as I don't believe I have used a direct deposit on my taxes in the last three tax years. (would have preferred a check)

Greg44
4-22-20, 11:29pm
Prudent me took over - paid all our bills, balance of our property tax and some auto insurance due next month - with a little play money left over! Once again we are debt free and didn't have to dip into the savings to do it. Seeing those zeros on the ledger sheet is so satisfying. I try not to think about some major projects around the house and the needed car repair. For now a brief moment in time we can enjoy it!

Tiam
4-23-20, 1:32am
IF the Government would deign to deposit a stimulus check to my account, I would be using it to get by, being as I have zero income and haven't for this entire time of pandemic. It seems those who don't need it for discretionary purposes aren't first in line for this.

happystuff
4-23-20, 7:32am
IF the Government would deign to deposit a stimulus check to my account, I would be using it to get by, being as I have zero income and haven't for this entire time of pandemic. It seems those who don't need it for discretionary purposes aren't first in line for this.

I hope it come for you soon.

Teacher Terry
4-23-20, 2:02pm
Ideally it should have only been given to those that needed it but I guess that’s to time consuming to figure out. Tiam hope you get the check and unemployment soon.

Sonora Shepherd
5-14-20, 6:02pm
Since we are on Social Security, I am confused about the stimulus money. We still haven't received any in our checking account and I was under the impression it would come the same way our Social Security payments come every month. Can't find any info on the net about it. Anyway, we already stimulated the economy :).

Yppej
5-14-20, 6:58pm
Does anyone think we will get a second stimulus?

iris lilies
5-14-20, 7:58pm
Since we are on Social Security, I am confused about the stimulus money. We still haven't received any in our checking account and I was under the impression it would come the same way our Social Security payments come every month. Can't find any info on the net about it. Anyway, we already stimulated the economy :).

Yeah that was sorta my impression, that since one of us is on Social Security income, it would come to my bank account but we don’t see anything happening, so who knows.

ApatheticNoMore
5-14-20, 8:27pm
I don't think it's based on social security direct deposits, but where a tax refund was sent to in 2018 (or 2019 if filed). But if there was no tax refund. they don't have a direct deposit account, so it should be coming as a check, one of these days.

Alan
5-14-20, 8:45pm
Since we are on Social Security, I am confused about the stimulus money. We still haven't received any in our checking account and I was under the impression it would come the same way our Social Security payments come every month. Can't find any info on the net about it. Anyway, we already stimulated the economy :)
.I think the automatic direct deposit was dependent upon the IRS having direct deposit info for either tax year 2018 or 2019, not upon Social Security direct deposit. Here's an informative article with links. (https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/track-your-stimulus-check-delivery-status-how-to-now-use-irs-get-my-payment-portal/)

Sonora Shepherd
5-14-20, 11:01pm
Alan - thanks for the link. It worked and our checks are supposed to be on the way tomorrow! Woohoo.

iris lilies
5-15-20, 2:45am
Alan - thanks for the link. It worked and our checks are supposed to be on the way tomorrow! Woohoo.
I went around and around on all those links and I don’t see a system where I would, for instance, type in my Social Security number and find out about a date for a check.

What exactly did you sign up for -– US post office informed delivery?

iris lilies
5-15-20, 2:52am
OK I did find the IRS portal where you enter Social Security number and essentially said “you’re eligible for a check.“I didn’t see anything about a schedule that talks about target release dates for checks.

frugal-one
5-15-20, 2:58am
Received check in the mail a few weeks ago. Today got a letter signed by trump... basically bs and waste of $ to print and mail.

Yppej
5-15-20, 5:34am
Received check in the mail a few weeks ago. Today got a letter signed by trump... basically bs and waste of $ to print and mail.

Yes. I got that letter after the fact too and thought the same of it.

catherine
5-15-20, 7:40am
OK I did find the IRS portal where you enter Social Security number and essentially said “you’re eligible for a check.“I didn’t see anything about a schedule that talks about target release dates for checks.

After seeing this topic brought up again a few weeks ago, I went back on the IRS website--I had tried and gotten "we can't find you in the system" types of error messages. Well, I got through, and was able to input our bank routing info, and just this week I received our stimulus check. So I think it's trial and error on our part, but once we can get through, the government processes in fairly short order, at least in my case.

happystuff
5-15-20, 9:01am

Same here.