PDA

View Full Version : apple cider vinegar

Catwoman
6-6-11, 8:01pm
I was searching on the net foR ways to relieve pain from a gallbladder attack.

dissolved one tsp of acv in apple juice,it worked!
does anyone else here use acv for anything?

Greg44
6-7-11, 11:14am
I was just reading an article about apple cidar vinegar and arthritis -- both as a prevention/cure from pain. It suggested acv, honey with warm water. They mentioned there was a product at health food stores called "honigar" or something like that?

My mom takes acv when she gets leg cramps at night. She is a strong believer in it. I am too interested if anyone takes it to alieve arthritis issues.

frugal-one
6-7-11, 5:33pm
I take ACV every day. I have a fungal infection that causes a rash. When I take ACV it goes away. It purports to help with cholesterol, weight loss, and arthritis, as well.

Tenngal
6-7-11, 5:54pm
add about one ounce to 16oz water for a final hair rinse, keeps dandruff under control and hair soft.

Tiam
6-7-11, 10:25pm
Is there a certain kind of apple cider vinegar that is more effective than others? and how much should one take daily?

Wildflower
6-8-11, 4:42am
I have Lupus, fibro, IBS, acid reflux, and arthritis. ACV is supposed to help all of these things. I took it daily, twice a day with honey for a few months, and while it didn't taste too bad - I didn't see any positive changes in any of my health issues. In fact, it made my acid reflux much worse....

mira
6-8-11, 1:36pm
I've never taken it internally, but it works well to soften hair and help get rid of warts!

Tiam
6-9-11, 9:50pm
I have no problem drinking it without honey, but it would actually be really nice if it did help with some things.

Float On
6-10-11, 9:02am
The dog has itchy skin and based on this thread I decided to mix some ACV/water in a spray bottle. It seems to be helping (I worried about it irritating him even more). I also intend to pick up a vial of AD&E and a syringe at the feedstore the next time I stop by but the ACV seems to have a cooling effect on his skin. He hasn't woken me up the last two nights with his thumping and scratching.

janharker
6-15-11, 8:20pm
I use Bragg Organic ACV.

puglogic
6-15-11, 10:28pm
I use Bragg Organic ACV.

Me too. I love to rinse my hair with it, I use it as an impromptu deodorant (wiping the sweaty bits and patting them with baking soda) and it has helped clear up a skin infection (external uses). I haven't used it internally for anything but wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot.

folkypoet
6-16-11, 4:59pm
I use it as a hair rinse. My mother used it to clear up her gout - with great results.

reader99
6-16-11, 8:51pm
Like the OP, I;ve used it as first aid for gall bladder pain - very effective. Also topically when I got a yeast infection in my armpit after having my arm in a sling for weeks. It's great as a rinse for my hair, really prevents tangles, and prevents scalp itch too. See also: http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doityourself/a/Vinegar_Uses.htm

KayVeliz
8-1-11, 9:39pm
I know that ACV works for weight loss, hair care, improvement of complexion, even the removal of ticks in pets. However, I am most surprised with ACV as a treatment for genital warts. I read about it online. When my roommate had genital warts last year, she didn't know about ACV as a natural remedy yet. Thankfully, she stumbled upon a treatment called Wartscide. In just a few days, she was warts-free.

shadowmoss
8-10-11, 1:04pm
My Mom swears by ACV for her acid reflux. It worked as well or better than the prescription stuff the doctor gave her. After a few months she only needed to take it a couple of times a week, and now only when she has symptoms (which is seldom).

Selah
8-11-11, 9:07am
I can also attest to ACV's use for heartburn. At the first sign of it, swallow one tablespoon of it, neat. It will burn for a very brief time, but it will quell that heartbearn almost instantly!

ljevtich
8-11-11, 11:22am
I would think it would be good in salads, and other foods that use vinegar. I might have to try it topically, sounds great for hair and skin.

Tiam
8-12-11, 12:41am
I didn't see much help for my joints. But it's a lovely tasting vinegar.

pony mom
8-13-11, 9:34pm
My horse has developed a mild case of thrush and ACV is highly recommended to cure it and as a preventative. It just has to be sprayed on his hoof daily.

Is it safe to use on highlighted hair? (Not my horse--me!) I'm interested in trying it as a rinse for myself but have highlights in my hair--will it change them?

enota
8-20-11, 7:59pm
Just make sure if you take ACV by mouth that you rinse your mouth out with clear water after. The acidity is VERY hard on your teeth.

enota