PDA

View Full Version : Gardenarian, chk in plz

KayLR
9-8-20, 11:59pm
I know your area is in danger. Hope you are safe.

My hubs & I are working on our Go bags.

Simplemind
9-9-20, 12:13am
My sister was in the process of evacuating an hour ago. My brother did this morning. These fires are insane.

Teacher Terry
9-9-20, 12:16am
I hope everyone is safe.

iris lilies
9-9-20, 12:55am
My sister was in the process of evacuating an hour ago. My brother did this morning. These fires are insane.
Super scary.

catherine
9-9-20, 5:33am
My hubs & I are working on our Go bags.

I pray you don't have to use them, Kay.

happystuff
9-9-20, 8:51am
Prayers going out to all. Stay safe!!!

JaneV2.0
9-9-20, 10:27am
My friends in the central Willamette Valley have their car gassed up, their Go bags ready, and the cat carrier by the door. They're not in immediate danger from fire, but they report that the smoke is terrible. I don't recall seeing so many fires in Oregon, especially so early.

pinkytoe
9-9-20, 10:32am
Lots of fires here in Colorado too. I really feel for those affected losing home and community.

Tradd
9-9-20, 11:08am
Stay safe, everyone!

KayLR
9-9-20, 11:25am
My friends in the central Willamette Valley have their car gassed up, their Go bags ready, and the cat carrier by the door. They're not in immediate danger from fire, but they report that the smoke is terrible. I don't recall seeing so many fires in Oregon, especially so early.

It's worse than the Gorge fire of a few years back. The smoke is bad. You smell it all the time. There's a layer of grit on everything even up here.

Teacher Terry
9-9-20, 11:31am
Reno is super smoky. We have been inside for 3 weeks. Yesterday the air was 500 and unhealthy I think is around 80.

jp1
9-10-20, 9:40pm
Reno is super smoky. We have been inside for 3 weeks. Yesterday the air was 500 and unhealthy I think is around 80.

Holy crap. Ours is up to 235 right now and I thought that was bad. I can't imagine 500. We've been lucky though that at least it cooled down. Last weekend was hot but the air was clean. If it was as hot now we'd be living with bad air inside because we would have to have the windows open since we don't have a/c. But it only hit 60 today so at least we can keep them closed.

Teacher Terry
9-11-20, 1:19am
Our temperature dropped almost 30 degrees. I had a bad asthma attack and was really scared. I couldn’t get my breath and my husband thought I was choking and going to heimlich me. We have a swamp cooler so you have to leave a window cracked and it brings in outside air. However, when it runs through the water it filters out some of the particles and smoke.

danna
9-11-20, 5:25am
Thinking of you all and hoping you stay safe!

KayLR
9-11-20, 12:43pm
We are at hazardous air quality level 373 today. I have had a low grade headache for 3 days. One good outcome: they were going to close all northbound lanes and 1 southbound lane on the I-5 bridge (really would be the only stop sign between Canada and Mexico) for 10 days to replace a trunnion. They postponed that so evacuees and emergency vehicles could move freely.

Still worried about Gardenarian.

iris lilies
9-11-20, 2:17pm
I’m Sorry that all of you were going through this smoke and fire problem. It truly sounds awful.

razz
9-11-20, 2:24pm
I’m Sorry that all of you were going through this smoke and fire problem. It truly sounds awful.
Me, too.

catherine
9-11-20, 3:26pm
This is truly terrible... I am thinking of all of you out West and hoping that these fires are brought under control soon!!!

Gardnr
9-13-20, 3:01pm
We are 197 today and have yet to see actual sunlight. We've had 500s in past fires......it is awful. I hope nothing strenuous requires your attention!

Teacher Terry
9-13-20, 3:51pm
We are 247 today. Ugh!

happystuff
9-13-20, 4:24pm
Oh, man. Please everyone stay safe!

KayLR
9-14-20, 12:11pm
We're currently at 497. Yesterday it got up to 530, so I hope we're seeing improvement on its way.