PDA

View Full Version : Fun masks

ToomuchStuff
11-28-20, 2:22pm
So with all the covid cases ramping up locally, and seeming the number of older people I see, not wearing masks, also seeming to ramp up, I looked a while back and decided to look again, at/for fun masks.

I think in another post, I mentioned seeing the mask cover that was the facehugger from Alien.
Almost bought one that looked like Chain mail or some computer ones for a sibling.
Saw a guy wearing one that looked like it was made from his wife's panties in one store.
Ball gag face mask on Halloween. Talk about staring and laughing.
Favorite so far, is the Hannibal Lecter mask.

Thinking of making one with velcro on the outside, so fake beards (ZZ top, Santa), could be attached.

Wondering what masks have made you smile.

Yppej
11-28-20, 2:35pm
At my old job site we had a mannequin wearing work clothing we sell and someone put a Batman mask on it. One day the lines were long, and a counter guy called on a customer. The customer pointed to the mannequin and said, "This guy's been waiting longer than me."

We all had a good laugh over that. But I would say fun mask is an oxymoron.

Teacher Terry
11-28-20, 3:13pm
I am so glad that most people locally are wearing masks. My hometown in Wisconsin has gone down the shit tube between trumpers and anti maskers. My friends aren’t happy and one is dead despite 8 months of isolation.

sweetana3
11-28-20, 3:44pm
Just walked home from exercise and 6 people walked by me. None were wearing masks and they were evenly divided between young family with child and three older (grey hair) people.

happystuff
11-28-20, 4:10pm
Just walked home from exercise and 6 people walked by me. None were wearing masks and they were evenly divided between young family with child and three older (grey hair) people.

I assume you were wearing one? If so, good for you for protecting both yourself and them.

JaneV2.0
11-28-20, 4:31pm
Some fabric artists have made patchwork "plague masks." https://totallythebomb.com/heres-a-free-pattern-to-make-your-own-quilted-plague-doctor-mask

Also, there was an artist painting realistic lower-face portraits on COVID masks. I think I posted a link a couple of weeks ago.

happystuff
11-28-20, 4:39pm
I love that so many people are making the best of the entire situation and being so fun and creative!

iris lilies
11-30-20, 11:32am
I made the mistake of going to get takeout at a bar /restaurant in Hermann that’s pretty “down-home.” No one in the place was wearing a face mask. I backed up as much as I could from them, wearing my face mask. I gave my order, and then left the restaurant and walked around for 15 minutes while they prepared it. Then I darted back in to grab it.

But I won’t be going back there, it was too crowded and no facemasks UGG.

Meanwhile, I ran through two stores earlier in the day and both stores required facemasks. Also, they were quiet and not crowded and I didn’t worry much about being in them.

jp1
12-12-20, 8:48pm
One of the employees at the safeway across the street from our old place in the city had a mask that was black with a ginormous smile of white teeth. Every time I saw him it made me chuckle. My sister in law has made me some fun ones. My favorite is one with a printed cloth pattern of cartoon cats all over it. I get compliments on it pretty much every time I wear it anywhere.

jp1
12-12-20, 8:52pm
I love that so many people are making the best of the entire situation and being so fun and creative!

Indeed. Early on in this a friend of ours who works at a bank commented that it was somewhat ironic that now in order to come into her place of employment everyone HAD to wear a mask, which is of course the opposite of how it was in pre-covid times. But this post included a picture of her with a mask that was a pile of money which somehow seemed oddly perfect for a bank manager.

happystuff
12-12-20, 10:06pm
I see a lot of different ones at work. It's really interesting and fun seeing the variety of pictures and colors. It seems masks are truly becoming a fashion statement. Having to wear one may stink, but the fact that people are having fun with it is fabulous! I'm surprised, however, that the forums haven't added a masked smiley in their selection! lol.

jp1
12-12-20, 10:46pm
Years and years ago the NYC main library was going through a major renovation. At the time the two lion statues our front wore hard hats. I haven’t checked but assume they are currently masked.

jp1
12-13-20, 12:50am
Apparently the lions are worried about their safety.

happystuff
12-13-20, 9:46am
LOL - cute.

ToomuchStuff
12-13-20, 10:26am
. My favorite is one with a printed cloth pattern of cartoon cats all over it. I get compliments on it pretty much every time I wear it anywhere.

Just don't cough up hairballs.

Indeed. Early on in this a friend of ours who works at a bank commented that it was somewhat ironic that now in order to come into her place of employment everyone HAD to wear a mask, which is of course the opposite of how it was in pre-covid times. But this post included a picture of her with a mask that was a pile of money which somehow seemed oddly perfect for a bank manager.

The joke at a couple banks I know, is, they will open the lobby again, when those in masks are considered burglars, again.

JaneV2.0
12-13-20, 10:33am
I bought a friend of mine--a self-described "hippie anarchist"--tie-dye masks for Christmas. May keep a couple for myself. :~)

catherine
12-13-20, 11:24am
My SIL made some masks that were a study in contradiction: canvas camo fabric with the Chanel or Gucci logos embroidered on.

razz
12-13-20, 11:41am
Just don't cough up hairballs.

The joke at a couple banks I know, is, they will open the lobby again, when those in masks are considered burglars, again.
That is funny!