PDA

View Full Version : Worrying when my kids are traveling.............

CathyA
6-18-11, 9:04am
I tend to be a worrywort. I worry when my kids are driving. They are 22 and 24.
Now I really have something to worry about! DD is going to Italy for a month to be in a music festival. DS is traveling to Los Angeles for the grand finals for having done the audio for a student film that won "Best Picture" at his university.

I want them to have great experiences, but I get overwhelmed by the bad things that could happen. Its not so easy to just try to get over it. Maybe its just what happens when you have kids and you worry about them.

I just want to be put into a coma from the time they leave until they get back safely!

I traveled through Europe when I was 19 and 22 and came home safely (in spite of a couple close calls)........but it seems like the world is a much scarier place now.
Any suggestions as to how to not be in agony when they travel?

Glo
6-18-11, 9:42am
Keep busy with your mind on other things. Try not to think about them too much when they're gone. You should try to get over this fear as the kids might travel extensively their entire lives. I worried about DS2 when he was deployed; i used to say a prayer for him every night and every morning.