PDA

View Full Version : What do you have too many of?

pinkytoe
3-18-22, 11:26pm
I have way too many garden seeds and socks.

rosarugosa
3-19-22, 6:47am
Well we've already established that I have the *perfect* number of vases, lol. There are many categories in which I have a lot of items and am comfortable with the quantity, but clothing is the category where I can easily say I have too much.

Chicken lady
3-19-22, 7:03am
Commitments. Goals. Expectations. Roosters.

also pretty much any item you can think of.

Except peat pots - I had to buy more of those yesterday. Due to my surplus of seeds which will soon be a surplus of plants, caused by a surplus of goals and expectations.

Yppej
3-19-22, 7:40am
Clothes that don't fit me anymore. I set up a drawer for them and it is almost full and I will need another one. I am keeping them for now in case I lose weight. The season for more strenuous walking outdoors vs in my house in circles is here.

razz
3-19-22, 8:54am
Commitments. Goals. Expectations. Roosters.

also pretty much any item you can think of.

Except peat pots - I had to buy more of those yesterday. Due to my surplus of seeds which will soon be a surplus of plants, caused by a surplus of goals and expectations.

So true for me as well. Trying to step off the carousel is hard work.

iris lilies
3-19-22, 8:56am
Well we've already established that I have the *perfect* number of vases, lol. There are many categories in which I have a lot of items and am comfortable with the quantity, but clothing is the category where I can easily say I have too much.
Hey Rosa, I counted my vases in Hermann and it was 52. So I only have a few more than you do. But I’ve got boxes of other kinds of flower show stuff like metal pieces and wooden pieces and etc.

iris lilies
3-19-22, 8:57am
4287At the moment I have way too many large Chinese pots that are proving to be very hard to be rid of.

In addition to those pictured, I have another 6 that are smaller. And then I have one giant one not pictured. I want a little money for them but nothing major.

Tradd
3-19-22, 9:22am
Probably scuba tanks but they all have a current or future purpose.

4 pairs of LP85 - 2 for Trimix and two for air.
2 AL80s for stage/deco bottles
2 AL40 for deco bottles
2 pair of LP50 for fun short sidemount dives or future rebreather bailout

That’s 16 in total

This photo is my gear packed up for diving tomorrow. I’ll only be taking 4 tanks. 5 more tanks are on the other side of the LR.

Tradd
3-19-22, 9:25am
Double post

iris lilies
3-19-22, 9:41am
Probably scuba tanks but they all have a current or future purpose.

4 pairs of LP85 - 2 for Trimix and two for air.
2 AL80s for stage/deco bottles
2 AL40 for deco bottles
2 pair of LP50 for fun short sidemount dives or future rebreather bailout

That’s 16 in total

This photo is my gear packed up for diving tomorrow. I’ll only be taking 4 tanks. 5 more tanks are on the other side of the LR.

Ha! Photo posted sideways like many of Iris’. :D

I’ve learned to take a screenshot of the photo, and then post the screenshot. That seems to put most of them right side up.

iris lilies
3-19-22, 9:42am
We have one too many pieces of residential real estate as well.

happystuff
3-19-22, 9:55am
I also have too many socks. It's on my to-do list to reduce that number. Hmmm... what else? I have too many cds, which is why I'm still trying to digitize them. Most haven't been played for many, many years.

Tradd
3-19-22, 9:56am
We have one too many pieces of residential real estate as well.

City house, Herman house, city apartment. Am I missing any?

rosarugosa
3-19-22, 10:06am
Iris: If you get rid of 10 vases, the cosmos will explode with magical fireworks!

I had posted several years back about having a hundred and something pairs of socks, and that I was always looking to acquire more socks because the "enough socks" lever in my brain seemed to be broken. I will have to do a recount, but I know I have far fewer pairs now and I'm no longer obsessive about buying socks. Now it's pants.

iris lilies
3-19-22, 10:18am
City house, Herman house, city apartment. Am I missing any?

nope it is 3.

Tybee
3-19-22, 10:26am
Old photographic negatives.
Tools in the barn.
rocking chairs.
Stones.

happystuff
3-19-22, 10:28am
Old photographic negatives.
Tools in the barn.
rocking chairs.
Stones.

Stones? Like geodes, etc?

Tybee
3-19-22, 11:04am
Stones? Like geodes, etc?
No, I like the few stones I have that are in that category. I mean the giant granite boulders that are strewn across my mountainy landscape.

happystuff
3-19-22, 11:06am
No, I like the few stones I have that are in that category. I mean the giant granite boulders that are strewn across my mountainy landscape.

Ahhh... I understand now. LOL.

catherine
3-19-22, 11:07am
Old photos
Emails in my inbox
Miniature jam jars (DH got a Bonne Maman jam advent calendar from DIL and we saved the jars but haven't figured out what to do with them yet! They're cluttering up my kitchen shelves!)
Wall art--a lot of framed artwork and photos I love but don't have room for so it all sits in our storage unit.

Tybee
3-19-22, 11:19am
Unfortunately, here is where my mind goes:

https://www.pinterest.com/julebean78/bon-maman-jar-ideas/

catherine
3-19-22, 11:41am
Unfortunately, here is where my mind goes:

https://www.pinterest.com/julebean78/bon-maman-jar-ideas/

OMG, tell me there's a Pinterest board for Bonne Maman jars!! These jars are really tiny--If I had a lot of shirt buttons, maybe they would work for that. I thought of nailing the lids to a board and keeping small earrings in them. DH is probably thinking tiny screws.

ToomuchStuff
3-19-22, 1:36pm
Stuff............

I visited a friend a couple weeks ago. He was complaining about wanting to simplify, having too much of everything. At the same time, I was congratulating him on his new patio home (fully furnished), and commenting it must be nicer to have less to clean and dust then the 60K square feet he has been living in.
At 91, I understand why he bought a fully furnished.

Kind of like the fat person, that wants to look thin, so they stand next to fatter people. Makes one look at their tasks, and appreciate how much they have to do.

bae
3-19-22, 1:48pm
- Dreams
- Regrets
- Duties
- Days behind me
- Things to do ahead of me
- Books (OK, that's a lie, you can't have too many books)

Chicken lady
3-19-22, 1:56pm
You can’t have too many dreams either. It’s turning them into goals or desires that gets you.

bae
3-19-22, 2:25pm
You can’t have too many dreams either. It’s turning them into goals or desires that gets you.

It's the dreams-vs-"time remaining" curve that is taking a disturbing shape :-)

pinkytoe
3-19-22, 2:34pm
I thought of the one that originally made me think of this - ear plugs. Every time we travel, I forget to pack ear plugs (DH snores) so I have to buy another package of them. So there are way too many.

Teacher Terry
3-19-22, 2:44pm
I don’t have too much of anything because I am always getting rid of stuff if I realize I don’t need it. Like a few days ago I realized I had to many shirts because when I lost weight my friend gave me so many. So a year later I got rid of the 15 I wasn’t wearing. I only do laundry every 3 weeks so make sure I have enough clothes to accommodate that.

I have 3 closets in my condo and my son is using 3/4 of the one in his room. I have 2 bags for the thrift store now. Paring down kitchen items is the only reason I was able to take down all the overhead cabinets in my kitchen. Plus I have a built in hutch in my dining room that’s not full. Once I decluttered the Junkmaster my problem was solved:)).

JaneV2.0
3-19-22, 4:23pm
Space heaters, vacuums, recyclables.

I probably have too many books in my Kindle--I certainly have more than I'll read in this lifetime, but as bae opined...

mschrisgo2
3-19-22, 11:52pm
Scrapbooking supplies. Like, hundreds of sheets of patterned paper, and just as many sheets of colored card stock. Plus tons of stickers. Then fancy edge scissors, stamps, punches. I asked DD if she wanted my supplies. She said, “yes, after you scrap the Hawaii trips, and my other 4 birthdays for my book.”

So I have scrapbooking stuff strewn over my work table- when I would rather it be fabric for one of my many quilt projects. I just have no desire to do scrapbooking anymore, but I will do it for her, then pack it all up and deliver it! My new goal.

bae
3-20-22, 12:26am
Camera lenses, apparently.

The sun came out today, and I wanted to go on a quick photo safari. Realizing I was faced with paralysis-from-too-many-choices, I grabbed an old-timey manual focus wacky-quality lens, and hit the road, thank goodness.