PDA

View Full Version : Little Diomede Island

littlebittybobby
1-19-23, 1:21pm
Okay---I'd liketa visit Little Diomede Island. It's in the Bering Sea, and a territory of Alaska. It is inhabited by under 100 people, and just over 2 miles from (big) Diomede Island, which is Russian Territory. So yeah--If I got up there, stayed awhile, and liked it, I might consider building a Summer Getaway. Yup. The island has steep sides, and a basically flat top, but the Village is on the shore at the base. Yup. They prolly don't have hate laws against old, junk cars, there. Reason is, they don't have ANY cars, there. Or, classy rest-O-rants serving Yummy and delish food. So yeah---that's an unknown. . Hope that helps you some. If I've inspired you to visit, send mee a card. Yup. Thank Mee.5104

littlebittybobby
1-20-23, 12:12pm
Okay---here's another aerial view o' Little Diomede. Hope you enjoy it. But yeah---there's a trail from the village, leading to the top of the island. Along the way, there is a cemetery, that has above-ground burials, due to the rocky terrain. Callyfornyans should all move there, build highways, and drive up the cost of housing. Yup.Thankk Mee.5106

littlebittybobby
1-20-23, 4:21pm
Guess what? There are no property taxes on little Diomede island. Nope.

littlebittybobby
4-13-23, 12:13pm
Okay---I hadta check the current weather & forecast for Diomede, Ak. But yeah--minus 9 F is a little chilly, but not too bad. Be a good day ta curl up with a good book(not a novel, either) and a good catt, and pass the time, till it warms up, next week. But yeah---no need for car insurance there, either. No cars. See? 5347