PDA

View Full Version : in gratitude for your kindness

rodeosweetheart
6-28-11, 5:35pm
Hi All,
We put our beloved dog to sleep Friday, and I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my message about him and my confusion about what to do. It was a tough call for us, and we really struggled with guilt and sorrow about the whole thing. But your kindness to me and your thoughtful responses really helped me get through it.

:thankyou:

Rosemary
6-28-11, 5:43pm
I'm very sorry for your loss.

redfox
6-28-11, 5:49pm
Oh my dear... blessings on your family, including your beloved dog.

libby
6-28-11, 6:02pm
I am so sorry for your loss.

Zoebird
6-28-11, 8:08pm
I am also sorry for your loss. it is always a tough decision and always a difficult loss.

CathyA
6-28-11, 8:09pm
(((((hugs)))))

rodeosweetheart
6-28-11, 8:21pm
Thank you, everyone. It feels like you've been kicked in the heart.:(
But I wanted to say thank you for helping me. It helps to come here.

razz
6-28-11, 8:22pm
Giving up a pet is really hard. Sorry to hear that the time had come.

Laurel
6-28-11, 8:27pm
i'm sorry.

Float On
6-28-11, 9:32pm
I'm sorry.

iris lily
6-28-11, 10:15pm
I'm sorry to hear it. Isn't it hard to know when to put a beloved pet down? I hate that part of pet ownership.

puglogic
6-28-11, 10:54pm
Bless you for finding the strength and compassion to do the right thing, rodeosweetheart. Sometimes the right thing is the hard thing too :( {{hugs}}

rodeosweetheart
6-29-11, 5:47pm
Thanks, guys. It was incredibly hard to know it was the right time, but the degenerative nature of the disease made him a little worse and a little more confused each day. The vet said it was the right thing, but you still feel, oh, maybe we should have hung on longer. But the confusion--it was just too much, coupled with his inability to receive brain signals to the hind legs.

But boy do we miss him.