PDA

View Full Version : Storytime: Health, Horses, Corgis and Family update

boss mare
10-30-23, 9:31pm
I have been MIA for quite awhile. Alot has happened since I posted last. I had my surgery to fix the hiatal hernia. Very very tough recovery, but I am glad that I did it
DH's Uncle passed away in early March. He was three months shy of 90.
Of course DH's brother and his wife were circling around. DH's Uncle ( will refer to him as UB and DH's brother will be R) set up a CD for DH's grand daughter who has Downs Syndrome. Somehow, R saw the paperwork a few months before he passed. R still will not let it go that she got 64K and his 3 kids "got nothing" but DH reminded him of the car, the 5K "loan" and other things that they got. DH and I got the bulk of UB money. R did get 160K from UB's estate, but still asks about how much Shayla got. He has been told repeatedly that its not his business and UB set it up years before .
UB left us with a life changing amount of money. We paid off our farm and doing some things around the place that will make it easier for us to live here as we get older.
We both took some money to blow on ourselves.

I had leased my show horse Koda to a teenager in her sr year of high school. I got him back in May. He went back into training in June. I had a conversation with my trainer about upgrading and told her to start looking for a new ride for me. Three weeks later, I was told that she has as horse lined up for me to try. He was already in the barn
The woman who owned him is going through some really big life changes and had only ridden him a handful of times. I tried him out, and fell in love. A vet check and some bargaining and he was mine. His registered name is Flat Out Perfect and is barn name was Tater. I changed it to Taylor.
Koda went up for sale and was sold at the first ( and last) show I had with him in July.
He has his very own 10 year old girl who just loves him. Wonderful pictures of her riding on the beach and they just had their first show together a few weeks ago and she won quite a few classes.
A few weeks after that, I took Taylor to a show and came away with two Reserve Championships and a one Championship.

I am so glad that I didn't just give up like I talked about.
Then we have my Corgi, Brie. She developed a bad habit while I was sick. So I found a wonderful dog trainer. Got a good handle on her problem and then then the good trainer moved to Florida, unfortunately.
Well, if you made it this far, thank you... Its definitely been a bumpy ride

iris lilies
10-30-23, 10:09pm
Thanks for the update, that is quite a lot to have happened! Taylor is such a nice name, a good name for a nice horse. “Tater” conjures up a fat dumpy horse.

KayLR
10-31-23, 12:20am
Nice update, bossmare. I'm glad things are better in your world. Look for a PM from me, please.

Tybee
10-31-23, 6:03am
Good for you, paying off the farm! Congratulations on Taylor, and sounds like Koda has a wonderful new owner.

That is really fast for the estate to settle! My mom died in June and we are working on her estate and that is much faster than what we are going through. For example, there is a four month creditor period that starts after the court publishes notification of the death.

rosarugosa
10-31-23, 6:12am
Glad to hear from you, Boss Mare! You have certainly had a lot going on. I'm sorry for the loss of UB, but how wonderful that he provided so nicely for you folks.

catherine
10-31-23, 8:07am
Good to hear from you, boss mare! Thanks for the update! Sounds like you've had a lot going on. Congratulations on paying off the farm!!

happystuff
10-31-23, 8:59am
So nice to hear from you, boss mare! I'm glad things have been working out so well for you and wish you continued happiness!

early morning
10-31-23, 12:17pm
Thanks for the update, so good to hear from you! Any chance of a photo of the new horse? And congrats to Koda on his new human!

Tradd
10-31-23, 12:46pm
Good to see you!

frugal-one
10-31-23, 7:08pm
Nice to hear things are working out for you!

boss mare
10-31-23, 7:14pm
Nice update, bossmare. I'm glad things are better in your world. Look for a PM from me, please.

Just PMed back :)