PDA

View Full Version : Bifocals purchased online

iris lilies
11-1-23, 4:06pm
Tell me about your experiences in buying bifocal eyeglasses online. I don’t understand how they fit anything to your head. I don’t understand how they know exactly where the line should be on your glasses.

I want clear prescription bifocals that accepts magnetic dark/sunglass overlays.

I have called the two major eyewear chains in St. Louis, and neither one of them provides this product.
, so it looks like I have to go online to order.

jp1
11-1-23, 7:49pm
Maybe you need to plan a trip to Mexico City. Bifocals are $20 more, so $62. I know an optician! ��

iris lilies
11-1-23, 8:09pm
Maybe you need to plan a trip to Mexico City. Bifocals are $20 more, so $62. I know an optician! ��
I doubt they have what I want in Mexico, and I’m out looking for cheap anything.

iris lilies
11-2-23, 9:47am
I’ve been poking around various web sites, and while it seems POSSIBLE to buy bifocals with an invisible line online, you have to get your pupil measurement exactly right to send off to the online vendor.

i’m going to abandon this idea of online purchasing.

catherine
11-2-23, 10:00am
I bought my progressive lenses (I don't want bifocals) online, and I'm happy with the results. If you have an accommodating eye doctor, you can probably get all the measurements and your prescription from them, although they typically don't do that because of course they want you to buy glasses from them.

The online methods for measuring your pupil distance worked for me.

jp1
11-2-23, 11:12am
I doubt they have what I want in Mexico, and I’m out looking for cheap anything.

My post was an attempt at humor relating to my thread about SO's new glasses. Apparently the forum software questioned the humor content since it literally changed my laughing emoji to question marks.

iris lilies
11-2-23, 6:08pm
My post was an attempt at humor relating to my thread about SO's new glasses. Apparently the forum software questioned the humor content since it literally changed my laughing emoji to question marks.
I know it was an attempt at humor JP. I don’t hold it against you.

iris lilies
11-2-23, 6:10pm
I bought my progressive lenses (I don't want bifocals) online, and I'm happy with the results. If you have an accommodating eye doctor, you can probably get all the measurements and your prescription from them, although they typically don't do that because of course they want you to buy glasses from them.

The online methods for measuring your pupil distance worked for me.

I use the term “bifocals “but of course I do mean progressive lenses.hmmm your post gives me hope. I figure I can buy one pair of glasses at the local optician, and perhaps they will give me all the measurements needed for this online purchase.

But maybe this particular kind of eyeglass wear is a temporary trend in my little mind and maybe I need to give it up.