PDA

View Full Version : Slow To Load

SiouzQ.
6-1-24, 11:33am
Is anyone else experiencing the very slow speed of pages on the forum to load for the past few days?

Tradd
6-1-24, 12:03pm
Yes, and it doesn’t matter whether I’m on my phone data plan or on fast internet at home. Slow slow slow.

SiouzQ.
6-1-24, 12:45pm
Okay, glad to hear it's not just me...

bae
6-1-24, 1:44pm
Yes.

Doesn't seem to be the Internet on my end of things.

Alan
6-1-24, 2:23pm
I noticed this as well and thought it was just me. I've submitted a service ticket to our hosting provider. Will advise when they respond.

iris lilies
6-1-24, 2:45pm
Yes,for several days now.

Alan
6-1-24, 10:27pm
I've submitted a service ticket to our hosting provider. Will advise when they respond.
Received the following response from host:

Please note that the server is intact and all is good in our side.
We could see that your domain has reached the resource usage limit.
In fact CPU resources limit was reached for your site.
Please check and optimize the usage.

Researched usage stats and discovered that over the past week we've been getting lots of attention from just two IP subnets based in Hong Kong. During that time we've had almost continuous connections from between 10,000 and 14,000 "guests" originating from those subnets.

All of these connections were putting a strain on our server which resulted in slow responses.

I was able to successfully block the two subnets which immediately dropped the server load to under 10% of capacity and return our load times to normal.

I'll be keeping an eye on "guest" usage for a while in case this happens again.

Tradd
6-1-24, 10:30pm
Good. Thanks for the update

bae
6-2-24, 2:57am
Well, that's wacky!

Rogar
6-2-24, 6:56am
Thanks Alan. That's weird. I did notice in one of the discussions there were a couple of hundred "guests" and was curious.

nswef
6-2-24, 9:07am
Thank you Alan!

SiouzQ.
6-2-24, 3:18pm
Back to good speed - thank you Alan!

catherine
6-2-24, 6:21pm
Thank you, Alan!

Tradd
6-2-24, 6:41pm
Yes, much better now!

littlebittybobby
6-20-24, 7:16pm
Received the following response from host:

Researched usage stats and discovered that over the past week we've been getting lots of attention from just two IP subnets based in Hong Kong. During that time we've had almost continuous connections from between 10,000 and 14,000 "guests" originating from those subnets.

All of these connections were putting a strain on our server which resulted in slow responses.

I was able to successfully block the two subnets which immediately dropped the server load to under 10% of capacity and return our load times to normal.

I'll be keeping an eye on "guest" usage for a while in case this happens again. okay----yes, do so. i've noticed a
LOT of VERY(44444) suspicious activity, lately. but yeah---may be a commnis' conspiracy going on.

littlebittybobby
6-23-24, 11:19am
okay----yes, do so. i've noticed a
LOT of VERY(44444) suspicious activity, lately. but yeah---may be a commnis' conspiracy going on. well, okay----now the commies that've infiltrated this forum have been keeping littlebittymee from posting the photos i need ta keep you kids informed about very IMPORTANT SUBJECTS, SUCH AS CRIME IN THE QUEEN CITY, zURRA, AND OF COURSE IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT OLLLLD PACKKARDS & HUTTSONS. YUP.