PDA

View Full Version : Kimberly Cheatle

LDAHL
7-22-24, 11:17am
Why does she still have a job? How bad does it need to get before she does the right thing and resigns, or her boss does the right thing and fires her? She says she “takes responsibility”, but what does that mean if she accepts no consequences?

Alan
7-22-24, 11:39am
After spending a good portion of my career providing executive protection I have to say that the failure cascade allowing the Trump assassination attempt was astounding. I think the agent in charge of the event should never again be allowed responsibility for any thing, at any time or any place after being identified and dismissed from his/her position.

If that failure cascade was facilitated by policies, initiatives or decisions made by upper echelon SS managers or directors, they should leave in disgrace as well, and if they choose not to leave they must be dismissed immediately.

iris lilies
7-22-24, 11:59am
I figured Alan would have quite a lot to say about this. I’m hesitant to dig too deeply into it because I don’t want to disrespect the services that protect these politicians, but maybe in this case the services deserve that disrespect.

Of the many WTF issues here, how was that kid able to put up a ladder and climb up a roof and no one questioned it?

From the Babylon Bee:

I think it’s safe to say they didn’t put their finest on the Trump detail. One can conclude from that whatever one wishes.

bae
7-22-24, 1:58pm
I concur with Alan.

iris lilies
7-22-24, 3:03pm
I’m watching bits of the congressional hearings with Kimberly Cheadle. Wow, she’s getting beat up by both sides of the aisle. The Democrats are doing a very nice job, kudos to them! They are turning the screws on her as well as the Republicans are.

I was a few people interview her, but it was astonishing that Congress had sent her a list of documents and information they wanted on July 15 and she has not responded to any of it. What is that about? Sheer defiance?

With that kind of pressure she can’t stay in the job. Can’t the President remove her sooner rather than later?

to be fair, she must have an inflated ego as all of them do. Every damn one of them. And she may be sitting there thinking SHE has to conduct a thorough investigation and only SHE can get all of the details and facts of the attempted assassination right and only SHE can synthesize the information and present it.

Rogar
7-22-24, 4:04pm
I watched her questioning by Jim Jordan and I was thinking I'd rather resign than be subjected to his bullying. To my untrained eyes there was a major failure or failures and there needs to be people removed from their jobs. Where the buck should stop I'm not sure, but I can imagine that Cheatle will be removed from her position.

iris lilies
7-22-24, 4:24pm
I watched her questioning by Jim Jordan and I was thinking I'd rather resign than be subjected to his bullying. To my untrained eyes there was a major failure or failures and there needs to be people removed from their jobs. Where the buck should stop I'm not sure, but I can imagine that Cheatle will be removed from her position.
Jim Jordan isn’t as bad as my snearing, bullying Senator Josh Hawley when he conducts Congressional hearings. I don’t know what committee he’s on that he always seems to be in the forefront of these things. But he must not have any responsibility for this area. I’m glad I didn’t have to see his ugly mug today.

jp1
7-22-24, 9:28pm

Gym Jordan may well be right in his questioning of her today. But it’s kind of shocking that he has the balls to question other people’s decisions on pretty much anything given his history. Is the Republican bench so shallow that this is the most honorable person they can put in this position?

iris lilies
7-22-24, 10:43pm
Gym Jordan may well be right in his questioning of her today. But it’s kind of shocking that he has the balls to question other people’s decisions on pretty much anything given his history. Is the Republican bench so shallow that this is the most honorable person they can put in this position?
JP, did you watch the congressional hearings or are you just bouncing off of anything you can react to?

There were many questioners of this Secret Service head. Many. And yes, anyone on that committee can ask questions since that’s what it’s about, finding out about a specific topic. That’s what a congressional hearing is.

littlebittybobby
7-22-24, 10:55pm
The thing is---they probably were using not second or third string agents to follow Trump around. They prolly were using whoever didn't have enough seniority to stay home & guard jimmah or whoever. So yeah--their actions mayve been more reactive than pro active But just think what the fanaticratsd be saying if the snipers had taken that kid out pre-emptively. They'd be griping like crazy . See?

jp1
7-22-24, 11:52pm
JP, did you watch the congressional hearings or are you just bouncing off of anything you can react to?

There were many questioners of this Secret Service head. Many. And yes, anyone on that committee can ask questions since that’s what it’s about, finding out about a specific topic. That’s what a congressional hearing is.

After all these clown hearings republicans have been doing lately I guess I’d missed the concept that gym Jordan could suddenly be trusted to be a legit investigator now. Did I miss the part where he suddenly explained and justified why he ignored all those poor college athletes that he failed? He’s not a credible human being and doesn’t deserve to be considered one.

ToomuchStuff
7-23-24, 1:18am
After spending a good portion of my career providing executive protection I have to say that the failure cascade allowing the Trump assassination attempt was astounding. I think the agent in charge of the event should never again be allowed responsibility for any thing, at any time or any place after being identified and dismissed from his/her position.

If that failure cascade was facilitated by policies, initiatives or decisions made by upper echelon SS managers or directors, they should leave in disgrace as well, and if they choose not to leave they must be dismissed immediately.

Either choosing to resign, or being fired, does not releave them from being asked to appear in front of congress, does it?

Does congress have the power to remove her, or is that strictly the presidents authority?

Rogar
7-23-24, 8:23am
Does congress have the power to remove her, or is that strictly the presidents authority?

Yes, I wonder who her boss is and who would fire her if she refuses to step down. My guess is that congress can only make recommendations or maybe she can be impeached?.

iris lilies
7-23-24, 9:22am
Yes, I wonder who her boss is and who would fire her if she refuses to step down. My guess is that congress can only make recommendations or maybe she can be impeached?.
She reports to the head of homeland security. She can be fired, she’s a bureaucrat. A high-level one but one nonetheless.

after Reagan was shot the head of the Secret Service resigned, but the report I read said he resigned eight months after the shooting incident. Kimberly Cheatle is toast but may hang on for a while.

She said it’s going to take nine months to finish an investigation and issue a report. AOC gave her some hassle about that. AOC was concerned that Congress needs answers sooner because they might need to direct policy or create legislation. Because AOC likely thinks she can direct policy to keep people from shooting Donald Trump. Or create legislation to stop everyone with guns using presidential candidates to cement their fame. Yay more laws! No.

it’s almost like there aren’t any laws about shooting people. Good luck with that AOC

LDAHL
7-23-24, 10:55am
I see she’s resigned.

iris lilies
7-23-24, 10:58am
I see she’s resigned.
Now, if we could get the frail White House occupant to step down, we all can Look forward.

A side benefit of that would be Harris can then disparage the advanced age of Donald Trump. But she cannot very well do that while the 81-year-old Joe Biden sits in the White House, frail and forgetful.