PDA

View Full Version : Christian Buddhists

Sissy
7-14-11, 3:43pm
Are there any of you out there? I may have asked this before (on the old forum) so please forgive me?

I am definately leaning in that direction. I don't want to give up on Christianity, but I need the teachings that Buddhism has to offer.

What I need is an online sangha since I live in the bible belt and have no one to discuss thoughts and ideas with. So much to learn, all the time in the world, lol.

Sherry

Dharma Bum
7-14-11, 10:01pm
What I need is an online sangha since I live in the bible belt and have no one to discuss thoughts and ideas with.

www.tricycle.com

SoSimple
7-14-11, 10:27pm
I have a friend who started out atheist and is now a Buddhist attending a Quaker church.

I like some Buddhist teachings, some Christian teachings; probably lean mostly towards Quaker. Not too many places for me to go here, either. I've had enough discussions where I'm living right now to know that I am w-a-a-y off the mainstream here, LOL!

Xmac
7-14-11, 10:46pm
I've had enough discussions where I'm living right now to know that I am w-a-a-y off the mainstream here, LOL!

It may be that the mainstream is for those who want to hold the religion, in place of living the spirituality. This is not to knock it. It's a deep commitment to let it enter one's life and some people just aren't ready yet.

As one fringe dweller to another I honor your path.

Sissy
7-15-11, 12:13pm
thanks for the link Dharma B. I will go there post haste. I think I will stick with Christian Buddhist because I have my Christian beliefs, but I am wanting to use the Buddhist philosophies. This is where I think the bible kinda dropped the ball. Christianity tells you what , but Buddhism tells you why and how. Reason and result just plain makes sense to me. Denominational religion has done nothing but frustrate me!