PDA

View Full Version : Dabbling with a blog...can you give your opinion?

TMC
7-21-11, 9:56am
I have always wanted to be a blogger....I just like the name...:~).

I have so much stuff in my head I wasn't sure where to start but this week my DS13 decided to take on the project of starting my blog. My point is money saving, cook at home, gardening techniques as I explore new ways to learn how to save money.

Can you look at it and give me some constructive criticism? Interested to hear what you guys think?

http://turning40andfrugal.blogspot.com/

Float On
7-21-11, 10:04am
Enjoyed!
I added you to my blogs folder so I'll remember to check in on it.
I loved blogging about our business and life but had to shut it down due to a creepy stalker that ended up following my husband around to every artshow in MI/OH/IN/IL. Someday I'll start one again for me.
I've started one for my dad's cabin project but with the summer heat it's slow going right now - should become very active towards the fall. Blogging is fun but I do agree that each blog needs to have a theme. I have days where I love visiting the ones that I've tag'd as house design, or days where I just want to visit the crafty ones, and days where I just want to visit the thrifty/frugal ones.

Sissy
7-21-11, 12:02pm
I put you in my favorites. I love to read blogs from people on the blog. Good way to get to know folks.

Happy blogging! Sherry

kally
7-21-11, 12:40pm
I like it.

Float On
7-21-11, 1:02pm
Oh and you can share your Zucs with me. I lost all of mine to cutworms :(

TMC
7-21-11, 4:22pm
Oh and you can share your Zucs with me. I lost all of mine to cutworms :(

Cutworms eat zukes really? I had no idea.....mine usually get some funky fungus about part way through the summer. I always plant the plants in the ground and than stick some seeds in the ground to have back up plants when these succumb to death.

Thanks for the input, I'm not exactly sure what my angle will be, it's sort of finding frugal ways to live, it's will be heavy on gardening right now but come the middle of winter it will probably become ways to find cheap entertainment and keep warm. I always would begin a blog but wasn't exactly sure what the angle would be so I didn't do it. Now I'm just sort of thinking the blog will just be whatever it becomes, work in progress. thanks.

Mrs-M
7-25-11, 5:03pm
Welcome to our home! There's lots and lots to learn and discover, so get your feet wet!

Simplicity
7-25-11, 7:39pm
Great blog! I left you a comment on the dill pickle post. :)

Simplicity
7-25-11, 8:13pm
Great blog! I left you a comment on the dill pickle post. :)

OK. I TRIED to leave a comment, but it won't seem to work! Anyway, I was asking how you get your dill pickles to stay crisp? My always end up soggy and limp. :(