PDA

View Full Version : Self Haircut GONE BAD !

heydude
7-26-11, 6:17pm
I used to buzz cut my own hair all the time with clippers. Then, my drain got clogged so I called a plumber and after paying 100 bucks, decided to always go to a hair cut place.

Now, a few years later, I found out I can get a portable clipper and do it outside over the trash. So I did.

But now I have a stripe in the back! My head is all a 1 but this stripe is zero. Does it look okay? At least for a few days until it grows out and blends? Or, do I have to make the whole thing short now like that stripe?

Ugh. This new portable one has a different type of guard and apparently it is easy to push too hard and make it uneven.

Alan
7-26-11, 6:25pm
I've been cutting my own hair in that manner for about 10 years. Thankfully, I haven't created any stripes yet, especially since I use a #4 (1/2") guard.
If I were you, I'd just buzz it all down to one length and be more careful next time.

catherine
7-26-11, 6:25pm
Love it! One time my DH tried to clip DS's hair and he got a horizontal stripe above his right ear by mistake. So he just made another one right underneath it, so it looked intentional.

Obviously DS never let DH cut his hair again!

I say just roll with it...maybe put little horizontal stripes on top of the vertical stripe and make it look like a zipper.

I love the pic!

cdttmm
7-26-11, 6:46pm
If it will truly grow out enough to blend within a few days then I think you need to ask yourself if you can tolerate a few days of people asking you what happened. If you can have a sense of humor about it and respond with, "Freak accident involving clippers," then you can probably just leave it. If having people ask you questions or look at your funny is going to irk you, then buzz it all down to nothing. I'm pretty thick-skinned so I can tolerate a number of goofy comments and strange looks if I know it's only going to be for a few days, YMMV.

Tenngal
7-26-11, 6:59pm
might as well buzz it all off short and get some sun on that head. It should grow out pretty quick. My husband is one if the few people who uses and "flowbee." He has short hair, similair to Alan. I do the trimming around his neck and ear and the flowbee takes care of the rest.

Selah
7-26-11, 7:35pm
A hat might help, or a do-rag? Or you could design it a little more by shaving more off and turning it into a letter or symbol? My sympathies! I've had a few clangers when trimming my own hair, but it's long so I haven't experienced the stripe effect. On the other hand, it's so dang hot I just might start! :)

Sad Eyed Lady
7-26-11, 8:47pm
I thought you intended it to be that way! Seriously.

SoSimple
7-26-11, 10:29pm
Just tell people it's a reverse mohawk . . .

redfox
7-26-11, 11:38pm
It's hair. It will grow. No worries!

Wildflower
7-27-11, 3:27am
HeeHee I like your avator pic. :) If it's going to bother you just buzz it all back down to the same length.

KayLR
7-27-11, 1:35pm
Hey up here in PDX you'd just be another regular guy. Reverse mohawk.

pony mom
7-29-11, 10:18pm
Do something wild like temporarily dye the stripe a bright color! In a week or so, it'll have faded away and you can trim the hair around it to blend it in better.

Go on! I DARE ya!