PDA

View Full Version : New thoughts about money.....

gimmethesimplelife
8-13-11, 1:24pm
Just wanted to post I am having some new thoughts about money.....LOL mabye I have been getting spoiled with some good luck, though. I am coming to the point where if I am going to spend money on things I need, I seek to be rewarded in some way. Case in point - gift cards at the pharmacy. Bonus dollars for buying something I needed on ebay that I found at a good price. 1% cash back on my paypal debit card for buying groceries when I return back to the city. And so on.....Maybe some of it is an offshoot of getting some freebies for doing secret shops at stores and for doing marketing research surveys, but I am getting more and more to the point of what is the price, and what is the perk after I determine I actually need something. Anyone else out there experiencing this or similar? Rob at the North Rim

jp1
8-13-11, 10:04pm
I don't personally go to that extreme, but it seems to me that that's a natural extension of thoughtful spending. After all, if you're just randomly buying stuff because you see it and want it and want it now, you won't be getting a deal. On the other hand, if you've taken the time to decide that "yes, I want such and such" it seems logical that you'd research who has the best price and buy from them, and maybe watch for a while to see when it goes on sale. It's only a small next step to tie in "and who is giving the best reward if I buy it from them?"