PDA

View Full Version : Really awful looking healthy drinks

CathyA
8-26-11, 7:31am
DS has turned me on to drinking carrot juice, but the taste is bad, so I add it to some other healthy 100% juice. Well, at the grocery yesterday I saw a green drink that looked really healthy too. Its too sweet for me (from the fruit in it), so I decided to mix it with the carrot juice.
The taste wasn't bad, but I almost gagged, just looking at it! I finished the glass of it, but had twinges of gagging alot. lol!
I guess I'm just not used to drinking green/brown/ stuff! I think I'll have to keep my eyes closed while drinking it...........or put it in a glass you can't see through!

Rosemary
8-26-11, 8:11am
Try adding blueberries? They're not very sweet and might make it a more attractive color.

CathyA
8-26-11, 9:29am
I think it will be hard to cover up this dark green. Its funny, I usually can eat/drink anything, but this was a challenge.....just because of the color! Maybe I'll put it in a car coffee mug, where you can't see what you're drinking! lol!

Bastelmutti
8-26-11, 9:34am
If it's that bad, stick to fruit smoothies and eat a salad! No sense in making yourself gag.

puglogic
8-26-11, 10:58am
I make green smoothies with apple juice, strawberries, blueberries and kale. It turns out this weird black/green, but it tastes absolutely fantastic. Takes some getting used to, for sure. So I feel your pain :)

terrica
8-26-11, 12:32pm
I also love green smoothes but when I make them with peaches, they turn brown. I have to use a dark cup with a straw to drink them. I just just can't look at them. When they are just green or purple (from blueberries), I can look at them.

Gardenarian
8-29-11, 5:55pm
My dd loves green smoothies because she has been drinking them since she was a baby, but I must admit I have some trouble getting over the "big glass of green slime" factor.