PDA

View Full Version : Snitch Central

Alan
9-14-11, 11:29am
President Obama's campaign has unveiled a new website, called Attach Watch (http://my.barackobama.com/page/signup/o2012-attackwatch-report-an-attack), which is designed to give his supporters a place to report people who express disapproval or interpret his policies in an un-approved manner.

You can report things you've seen or heard through TV interviews, Public Statements, Forwarded Emails, Rumor, TV Ad, Video Ad, Radio Ad, robocall, or websites/blogs.

His first Ministry of Truth attempt (to report those who were critical of the health care act) ended badly after just a few weeks. I wonder how long this one will be around?

LDAHL
9-14-11, 1:10pm
Dick Nixon would have been proud.

With a 55% disapproval rating, and the loss of the House seat formerly held by the unfortunately yclept Rep. Weiner being at least partially laid at his door, I hope he's got a robust server.

peggy
9-14-11, 3:05pm
Ok....I don't see anything wrong with that web site. Lies are told and spread about him constantly (not American, loves terrorist, wants to take over health care, etc...) I see it as a kind of fact-check for him and democrats/liberals in general. Do you have a problem with him trying to set the record straight? Do you have a problem with folks getting the truth?
You can fact check all of his stuff too you know.
I suppose if you wanted me to I could give you links to web sites devoted entirely to criticizing him and spreading lies and rumors.

Alan
9-14-11, 3:38pm
It's a great way to build up your enemies list. What do you think they'll do with the information provided?
If it were simply a matter of fact checking, don't you think we already have a perfect infrastructure for doing that within the media, the internet and our own ability to reason?
While I'm certain that this is not the case, this sort of thing could easily be the pre-cursor to the type of thoughtcrime infrastructure needed to build up, and retain, an authoritarian state. Plus, I think it shows just how tone-deaf his campaign may be. At least they don't call it "Turn in your neighbor".

creaker
9-14-11, 4:18pm
It's a great way to build up your enemies list. What do you think they'll do with the information provided?
If it were simply a matter of fact checking, don't you think we already have a perfect infrastructure for doing that within the media, the internet and our own ability to reason?
While I'm certain that this is not the case, this sort of thing could easily be the pre-cursor to the type of thoughtcrime infrastructure needed to build up, and retain, an authoritarian state. Plus, I think it shows just how tone-deaf his campaign may be. At least they don't call it "Turn in your neighbor".

This is just the DNC, right?

It's not a very good idea. Although grassroots information gathering is cheaper and more widespread, I expect the amount of disinformation that will come into the site is going to create an unusable signal to noise ratio.

Gregg
9-14-11, 4:59pm
Can I just add myself to the list at the same time I register on the do not call list? Would be much more efficient that way.

loosechickens
9-14-11, 5:13pm
It's funny, but I have a lot less problem with this than I have with the way the rightwing comes up with a catchy name about something (like "Snitch Central"), and then the BLINDING speed with which every rightwinger gloms onto it, to the point where when you Google on the words "snitch central", you can see almost simultaneous spreading of the new term all over the blogosphere, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and various rightwing talk show hosts........

It's like watching so many tin soldiers, all marching to the same drummer, all singing the same tune, all behaving as though they just invented the term themselves......THAT's the part that seems scary to ME.

It's the lockstep quality.......scary, but it works. The Dems get about a D in marketing and propaganda, but I give the rightwing an A+ in that department.

Gina
9-14-11, 5:23pm
If they want to track all the hate and lies coming from the right, all they have to do is tune into Fox news. :laff:

There certainly are a lot of mistruths out there, and no side is innocent, but this site has a feeling of paranoia to it. Do we really need the 'Obama Youth'?

No one will turn in any pertinent information they don't already have. It's probably just a way to fluff up their mailing list, and perhaps a way to make the die-hards feel as if they are contributing to 'the cause'.

Cheney probably wishes he had thought of it. :devil:

LDAHL
9-14-11, 5:38pm
It's funny, but I have a lot less problem with this than I have with the way the rightwing comes up with a catchy name about something (like "Snitch Central"), and then the BLINDING speed with which every rightwinger gloms onto it, to the point where when you Google on the words "snitch central", you can see almost simultaneous spreading of the new term all over the blogosphere, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and various rightwing talk show hosts........

It's like watching so many tin soldiers, all marching to the same drummer, all singing the same tune, all behaving as though they just invented the term themselves......THAT's the part that seems scary to ME.

It's the lockstep quality.......scary, but it works. The Dems get about a D in marketing and propaganda, but I give the rightwing an A+ in that department.

It's not really a new term ground out on short notice by the Great Right Wing Conspiracy, I think it comes from the SnitchCentral.com commercial website.

Alan
9-14-11, 5:51pm
This is just the DNC, right?

It's the Obama for America campaign. Not sure how it interacts with the DNC.

Alan
9-14-11, 5:57pm

Just more proof of a vast right-wing conspiracy to notice things and talk about them. Maybe that's what this is all about?

mtnlaurel
9-14-11, 6:20pm
Just read this quote and it made me laugh.
This seems as good a thread as any to post it on.

“Don’t try to win over the haters. You’re not the jackass whisperer.” -Scott Stratten

redfox
9-14-11, 7:48pm
Wow, the word 'snitch'... Could you have chosen a more loaded one? I appreciate your strong stances; I wonder about the inflammatory language you chose here.

Catwoman
9-14-11, 8:11pm
Wow Bammy must be desperate!!! Its ok Mr. President, you're not paranoid, they're really out to getcha, bwhahahaha

iris lily
9-14-11, 9:04pm
Just read this quote and it made me laugh.
This seems as good a thread as any to post it on.

“Don’t try to win over the haters. You’re not the jackass whisperer.” -Scott Stratten

ok, now that's funny!

iris lily
9-14-11, 9:13pm
Time to activate my hotmail account and go covert.I think I'll report Alan and LDahl's posts. haha, kidding.

I don't think a site to ostensibly counter rumors about the President is necessarily a bad thing for his campaign. And really, they are probably as much after email addresses for hitting people up for money as much as anything. But this struck me about Obama's website:

The website design is uncompromisingly stark. Black, with white and red touches--strong, aggressive, and hinting of evil. It's intimidating. Perhaps they were shooting for simple and strong, but they overshot the mark. I remember a time when 90% of the true crime books published had three color covers: black, white, red. This site reminds me of those crime books. Black guns. Red blood. Gulag.

ApatheticNoMore
9-15-11, 2:45am

nah actually as mentioned it seems a @#$#poor way to build up an enemies list and in fact it seems profoundly amateur.

While I'm certain that this is not the case, this sort of thing could easily be the pre-cursor to the type of thoughtcrime infrastructure needed to build up, and retain, an authoritarian state.

And/or you could use things far more resembling a real infrastructure, like say I don't know, telecoms that face no consequence for cooperation with government spying. That's bipartisan by the way. It doesn't fit so easily into "Obama and Dems are the boogeyman" tales.

Plus, I think it shows just how tone-deaf his campaign may be. At least they don't call it "Turn in your neighbor".

tonedeafness I would believe.

Alan
9-15-11, 7:48am
Wow, the word 'snitch'... Could you have chosen a more loaded one? I appreciate your strong stances; I wonder about the inflammatory language you chose here.

snitch (snhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifch) Slang
v. snitched, snitch·ing, snitch·es
v.tr. To steal (something, usually something of little value); pilfer. See Synonyms at steal (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/steal).

v.intr. To turn informer: He snitched on his comrades.

n. 1. A thief.
2. An informer.

I think the word is appropriate in that it describes the actions the campaign is encouraging. It's not like I chose to single out an individual and use a loaded term such as "lunatic". Now that would have been inflammatory!

LDAHL
9-15-11, 8:16am
It's the Obama for America campaign. Not sure how it interacts with the DNC.

No doubt responders will be getting emails requesting donations. That makes it even creepier.

creaker
9-15-11, 12:06pm
No doubt responders will be getting emails requesting donations. That makes it even creepier.

Actually it dumps you straight to a donation page.

Gregg
9-15-11, 12:07pm
Truth is I find the whole thing creepy.

kenh
9-15-11, 3:13pm
"

"

I have to agree with LooseChickens again on this; the Fox disinformation and spin machine is incredibly fast and effective, getting all the internet bloggers and forum posters on the same page immediately.
I don't identify with a left propaganda machine starting up in response, but in an election year, it will certainly devolve into a propaganda war, very quickly.

Alan
9-15-11, 3:36pm
"

"

I have to agree with LooseChickens again on this; the Fox disinformation and spin machine is incredibly fast and effective, getting all the internet bloggers and forum posters on the same page immediately.
I don't identify with a left propaganda machine starting up in response, but in an election year, it will certainly devolve into a propaganda war, very quickly.

You're right. We shouldn't notice such things and we certainly shouldn't talk about it, speculate about it or make fun of it.

By the way, I first saw this yesterday on the ABC News website (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/obama-attack-watch-website-to-help-supporters-fight-back/). Did Fox News put it there?

rosebud
9-15-11, 6:29pm
Thank you Alan for your faithful service to the right wing propaganda machine. You have managed to set forth the exact terminology required to turn a mundane news item, if even that, into a sinister plot by the Obama Administration to create an enemies list, which of course will then be used to single out law abiding citizens for "disappearing" or some other such implication. Interesting how trying to prevent oneself from being "swiftboated" is turned around into something evil. What of the zillions of untrue smears and rumours get passed around about Obama, his family and members of his administration on a daily basis? Where do those originate? I know, they originate with the left wing to make the right wing look bad and create a pretext for maintaining an enemies list disguised as a rumor and smear control website! How convenient that everything wrong and bad and evil always originates with Obama!

You didn't just pass along an item of interest or concern for discussion. No, you used the exact words that the right wing blogs have seized uopn to induce the utmost level of paranoia in its readership.

The Obama campaign in 2008 set up a smear control site because it didn't want to succumb to sustained swiftboat type lies spread by the right. Obviously there is no lack of smear tactics against Obama, and here's the latest one!

Catwoman
9-15-11, 7:04pm
So Alan is to blame for bringing up something he found on an ABC website...this is right wind propaganda? This is Obama and his desperate flunkies letting his followers know how stupid he thinks they are...that anyone would actually take this seriously??? tells me that the arrogance with which Obama regards the general electorate extends to his devotees...Please this is a load of crap. Comrades....

Zigzagman
9-15-11, 7:31pm
For me this thread pretty much shows the problems that we face in this country. It is all about winning and very little about the greater good.

Peace

Alan
9-15-11, 8:46pm
Thank you Alan for your faithful service to the right wing propaganda machine. You have managed to set forth the exact terminology required to turn a mundane news item, if even that, into a sinister plot by the Obama Administration to create an enemies list, which of course will then be used to single out law abiding citizens for "disappearing" or some other such implication. Interesting how trying to prevent oneself from being "swiftboated" is turned around into something evil. What of the zillions of untrue smears and rumours get passed around about Obama, his family and members of his administration on a daily basis? Where do those originate? I know, they originate with the left wing to make the right wing look bad and create a pretext for maintaining an enemies list disguised as a rumor and smear control website! How convenient that everything wrong and bad and evil always originates with Obama!

You didn't just pass along an item of interest or concern for discussion. No, you used the exact words that the right wing blogs have seized uopn to induce the utmost level of paranoia in its readership.

The Obama campaign in 2008 set up a smear control site because it didn't want to succumb to sustained swiftboat type lies spread by the right. Obviously there is no lack of smear tactics against Obama, and here's the latest one!
I'm not sure what "propaganda" I'm propagating, but if you really feel that way, there's a link in the original post where you can report this thread. Isn't that a double plus good idea?

I was thinking more along the lines of this administrations 2009 effort to have health care bill supporters send emails reporting any resistance to their efforts to the flag@whitehouse.gov email address. You may not remember it because it only lasted a few weeks before it quitely disappeared after negative public scrutiny.

I was surprised to see something like this again after that fiasco. Maybe most people just have shorter memories than I do, or perhaps they simply don't see a problem with our President's staff or his political campaign headquarters inviting the faithful to report their errant neighbors.

What a strange world we live in.

iris lily
9-15-11, 9:09pm
"double plus good idea" gave me my BIG laugh for the day, although this thread has been entertaining in the whole.

DocHolliday
9-16-11, 9:02am

That's funny, I just googled "snitch central" and this thread was the third hit! I didn't know this site was part of the right wing blogosphere...

DocHolliday
9-16-11, 9:06am
Thank you Alan for your faithful service to the right wing propaganda machine. You have managed to set forth the exact terminology ... Interesting how trying to prevent oneself from being "swiftboated"

Nice use of left wing terminology to be critical of Alan for using right wing terminology...

Alan
9-16-11, 9:42am
That's funny, I just googled "snitch central" and this thread was the third hit! I didn't know this site was part of the right wing blogosphere...
I read this and thought "That couldn't possibly be true", but then did my own google search and, you're right!
I did notice that the first entry is for a site called snitchcentral, which has nothing to do with this topic, so, according to some's reasoning the simple living forum is the #2 right wing site in the googleverse.

To paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy, I don't care who you are, that's some funny **** right there!

ApatheticNoMore
9-16-11, 11:00am
Being criticized is just the price of power. The price of being the most powerful man in the world with the ability to single handedly order people's executions without a trail etc.. Even being criticisized with completely false ridiculous things. Really so what? Some blogger with a few thousand readers has that, meanwhile the President has *real* power.

Focusing on this as an issue though just doesn't seem honest. So is your concern civil liberties? Good, and this webside doesn't reflect positively on the Obama campaign, but there are bigger fish to fry. Heck, even Anonymous don't bother to hack down Obamas silly little website. Worry also then about telecom immunity and real government spying ability. Worried about "disappearings", man if that was happening on any scale we'd all know. We'd all know people who were "disappeared", though we might not talk about it. But hey, I posted the government was having Haliburton build strange internment camps of unknown purpose, and that was a legitimate source I linked to. What is the progress on that anyway?

LDAHL
9-16-11, 11:41am
Apparently, the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, a subsidiary of Fox News, is coordinating a massive influx of mocking tweets and posts to Attackwatch. Top Ten Lists are starting to appear all over. My favorite thus far: "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean millions of voters aren't out to get you".

It will be interesting to see if it becomes more a forum for the President's detractors than his defenders.

loosechickens
9-16-11, 2:35pm
Actually I think the rightwing WILL attempt to overwhelm that site, because the last thing they want is for people to actually notify the Democrats of the lies and smears that are traveling around the internet in emails, etc., in order for the fact to be put forth to show those emails and smears to be lies.

The Democrats learned a bit about how powerful being "Swiftboated" was, and that it really didn't mind if the rumors and smears were complete lies....if they were sent around often enough and loudly enough, by the time the truth came out, it was too late. This site was an attempt to get out in front of the negative spin machine, so that truthful information could counter the lies.

I'm sure it also didn't hurt to harvest email addresses of supporters to try to get more donations.

I have no doubt that you guys will overwhelm this site and nullify it. Any attempts to bring factual information about the lies being spread will be treated in the same way.

The right is the undisputed champion of propaganda....as I've said before, I give you an A+, and the Democrats are so miserably bad at it, somehow thinking that just stating the facts once will clear up any misunderstandings against a tidal wave of lies, it's pathetic, and they get, at best, a D-. And this feeble attempt to set up some way to find a way to move against that tidal wave of lies will sink, just as the last one did. You guys will see to it. Congratulations.

LDAHL
9-16-11, 3:48pm
And what was the swiftboaters’ one effective tactic? Endlessly replaying Senator Kerry’s own words. I’m not sure something similar isn’t happening right now. The fact that the Obama campaign people created such a petty, petulant, perhaps even paranoid site speaks for itself. Such actions cry out for ridicule.

When people draw attention to it, or respond with denunciations of the oceans for not receding as directed, ATMs for destroying jobs, or wind and clouds for not cooperating with green technology initiatives, and we get apparently serious accusations of an enormous coordinated conspiracy at work, the whole kerfuffle becomes too hilarious for words.

The response to this site, and the response to the response, strikes me as more worthy of Oliver Hardy than Oliver Stone.

ApatheticNoMore
9-16-11, 11:10pm
Actually I think the rightwing WILL attempt to overwhelm that site, because the last thing they want is for people to actually notify the Democrats of the lies and smears that are traveling around the internet in emails, etc., in order for the fact to be put forth to show those emails and smears to be lies.

Wait don't they HIRE people to monitor media buzz? Public Relations etc.. People whose full time job it is? Come on now what are we running here a mom and pop diner? I think not. I seems doubtful they need little joe schmoes help by filling out a webpage. I guess one could try to make some kind of wisdom of crowds argument ....

But little joe schmoe participating does have some psychological effect on him (makes him feel part of etc. - basic psychology here).

loosechickens
9-16-11, 11:29pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/attack-watch-site-responses-from-readers/2011/09/16/gIQATQ08XK_blog.html

excerpt:

"Earlier this week, I wrote a post about Attack Watch, the new Web site created by Obama’s presidential reelection campaign.

Obama campaign Deputy Press Secretary Katie Hogan described it as “a tool providing our supporters with the facts they need to fight back against lies and distortions about the President’s record.”

Hogan told me that 100,000 people signed up for the site in the first 24 hours. Thousands of people also responded to the site on blogs, via Twitter using the hashtag #attackwatch, in the comments section of our post or in e-mails I received.

A large section of people that responded continued to ridicule the site as “paranoid,” or said that they felt they were being spied on. Another subsection of respondents, however, said they appreciated the site and felt it was needed because of a culture of fear they said was created by the GOP."

and this is followed by a number of comments about the site, some from people grateful that there is a central place they can go to to help fight the smears, and others, with comments similar to those conservatives here who are paranoid about a "new world order", as well as the ridicule contingent......probably NOT a good thing when the Daily Show mocks ya, hahahahaha........

who knows.......it may have been a good idea, and not all good ideas work, and if it was an attempt to build grass roots by email harvesting, a lot of conservatives are going to be getting "Donate to the Obama Campaign" emails.......

rosebud
9-17-11, 1:00am
I will have to give Alan credit for posting a link to the ABC news article. Everyone should just read that and make up their own minds.

Honestly, the folks who hate Obama will find any reason to criticize him. He wins the Nobel Peace Prize. HOW HORRIBLE! Osama Bin Laden is killed...meh, he can't take credit for that, it was the military's accomplishment. Michelle Obama launches an innocuous campaign focusing on childhood obesity...OMG, she's the cookie police! It just all becomes ridiculous and tiresome. You think it's petty to set up a rumor control device? Isn't it just as petty to complain about it? What evidence do you have that it is being abused in any way or used to spy on folks or being used to form an enemies list or that there is going to be any fall out on the likes of YOU? NONE. You have no evidence whatsoever of any abuse of the information that goes to the Obama campaign regarding the origination of UNTRUE stories. ZERO.

Alan, you know you did not come up with the term "Snitch Central" all by yourself. You know it's right wing spin. I know talking points when I see them, and calling this website snitch central is spin, just like calling the Affordable Health Care Act "Obamacare" is spin. When you google this term ONLY right wing websites or commentators, such as yourself, are calling it that. You are just passing along talking points. You didn't just say, hey guys lookie here, isn't this interesting, what do ya think? No, you called it "snitch central" and got the whole ball rolling about how it's creepy and Nixonian blah blah blah.

But the fact is, this is merely a rumor control website set up to combat smears and untruths (in case you have forgotten here are a few: Obama is a Muslim, Obama is not a US citizen, Obama was born in Kenya, Obama is the anti-Christ, Michelle hates white people, Obama's gonna take away all your guns, Obamacare is going to kill grandma etc etc etc).

Yeah, and don't even start with trying to relitigate the whole John Kerry Swiftboating thing. That was a disgrace and you know it. When I saw people at the Republican Convention wearing purple banaids to signify that John Kerry faked his way to a purple heart I knew the Republican Party was heading towards its nadir. I have, unfortunately, seen worse since then, with the unrelenting and unfair criticism of this president over petty crap like this.

DocHolliday
9-17-11, 7:23am
Do you honestly think that Obama has gone thru worse than what Bush did? The leftists made all sorts of wild claims about Bush: Bush stole the election, Bush blew up the towers, Bush wants to take civil rights and your SS away, Bush lied People Died!, the propaganda from Michael Moore, Dan Rather's "fake but accurate" memos, Bush stole the election again, Bush blew up the levees, Bush destroyed the economy. ad nauseum

Catwoman
9-17-11, 8:05am
I just think that if you believe this is an effective tool for the Obama team, you need to drink some more koolaid.

iris lily
9-17-11, 8:28am
... Honestly, the folks who hate Obama will find any reason to criticize him. He wins the Nobel Peace Prize. HOW HORRIBLE! Osama Bin Laden is killed...meh, he can't take credit for that, it was the military's accomplishment...

I don't "hate" Obama. I am still incredulous that he won the Nobel Peace Prize. For what? Why? He'd been in office 8 months. Criticism of that award is reasonable, I don't get it. But the President gets credit for catching Bin Laden, absolutely.

So tell me: do you think that AttackWatch as it stands now is a positive campaign tool for the President?

Alan
9-17-11, 8:42am
Alan, you know you did not come up with the term "Snitch Central" all by yourself. You know it's right wing spin. I know talking points when I see them, and calling this website snitch central is spin, just like calling the Affordable Health Care Act "Obamacare" is spin. When you google this term ONLY right wing websites or commentators, such as yourself, are calling it that. You are just passing along talking points. You didn't just say, hey guys lookie here, isn't this interesting, what do ya think? No, you called it "snitch central" and got the whole ball rolling about how it's creepy and Nixonian blah blah blah.

You're right, I didn't come up with the term. It was widely used several years ago during the first attempt to have people report things to the white house. If you look back to my original post, you'll see that I referenced that and wondered how long this attempt would last.

Also, I think you may be mis-representing some things just a bit. No one I'm aware of thinks its HORRIBLE that the President won the Nobel Peace Prize. We mostly think it's LUDICROUS that he did.

peggy
9-17-11, 10:02am
I will have to give Alan credit for posting a link to the ABC news article. Everyone should just read that and make up their own minds.

Honestly, the folks who hate Obama will find any reason to criticize him. He wins the Nobel Peace Prize. HOW HORRIBLE! Osama Bin Laden is killed...meh, he can't take credit for that, it was the military's accomplishment. Michelle Obama launches an innocuous campaign focusing on childhood obesity...OMG, she's the cookie police! It just all becomes ridiculous and tiresome. You think it's petty to set up a rumor control device? Isn't it just as petty to complain about it? What evidence do you have that it is being abused in any way or used to spy on folks or being used to form an enemies list or that there is going to be any fall out on the likes of YOU? NONE. You have no evidence whatsoever of any abuse of the information that goes to the Obama campaign regarding the origination of UNTRUE stories. ZERO.

But the fact is, this is merely a rumor control website set up to combat smears and untruths (in case you have forgotten here are a few: Obama is a Muslim, Obama is not a US citizen, Obama was born in Kenya, Obama is the anti-Christ, Michelle hates white people, Obama's gonna take away all your guns, Obamacare is going to kill grandma etc etc etc).

Yeah, and don't even start with trying to relitigate the whole John Kerry Swiftboating thing. That was a disgrace and you know it. When I saw people at the Republican Convention wearing purple banaids to signify that John Kerry faked his way to a purple heart I knew the Republican Party was heading towards its nadir. I have, unfortunately, seen worse since then, with the unrelenting and unfair criticism of this president over petty crap like this.

++1

Catwoman
9-17-11, 10:13am
What viable candidate much less the POTUS needs the public to be involved in a rumor control website? What is this? High School? Its time to send this tiny baby President back to Chicago where he can play in the safety of his own backyard. Uncle Rahmie will watch over him.

LDAHL
9-18-11, 8:48am
What viable candidate much less the POTUS needs the public to be involved in a rumor control website? What is this? High School? Its time to send this tiny baby President back to Chicago where he can play in the safety of his own backyard. Uncle Rahmie will watch over him.

I think you have to look at it from the President's point of view. He comes into office as the Annointed One, the darling of a worshipful media. A few years later, he's no longer the great Liberal Lochinvar. Grumbling on the left. Defiance on the right. Rude questions about loans to failed companies. Credit downgrades. Who's to blame? Obviously, it must be the lies and calumnies of the bitter clingers!

If you think that way, it makes perfect sense to set up a fundraising site and call it a truth factory. That will show them! If you're unencumbered by humor or humility, however, you'll have trouble understanding the laughter that ensues.

LDAHL
9-18-11, 8:55am
You're right, I didn't come up with the term. It was widely used several years ago during the first attempt to have people report things to the white house. If you look back to my original post, you'll see that I referenced that and wondered how long this attempt would last.

Also, I think you may be mis-representing some things just a bit. No one I'm aware of thinks its HORRIBLE that the President won the Nobel Peace Prize. We mostly think it's LUDICROUS that he did.

I agree. It was horrible when they gave one to Arafat. It was merely silly that Obama got one. To his credit, he seemed a bit embarassed by it; although the best course of action would have been to turn it down.

rosebud
9-18-11, 12:58pm

First, the snark about the President being a baby is unnecessary and only throws discredit on YOU for disrespecting the President for no apparent reason other than bitter partisanship.

Second, I will conduct a little history lesson for you and the "independents" here so that they can UNDERSTAND the context, reasoning and value of an anti-smear website.

Here's the background:

1. John Kerry goes to Vietnam and does a lot of war heroish stuff and takes home a pile of war medals.
2. John Kerry runs for President 2004 an a front group for Republican donors called the Swiftboat Vets for Truth put out some television ads accusing Kerry of being a coward and a liar who doesn't deserve his war medals.
3. John Kerry, feeling smug about his roomful of medals and military record and thinking his record is above-reproach and thinking that rational folks will believe the military and him over some transparently partisan obsfucators DOES NOTHING to respond to said ads.
4. In retrospect, Pundits agree that said ads did tremendous damage to Kerry's campaign, due not to the veracity of their claims but due to KERRY'S failure to respond aggressively. That made him look wussy.

Fast forward to 2008:

1. Obama announces campaign for Presidency. Almost instantaneously false rumors start circulating about him. Just in case you forgot, let's visit memory lane and come up with a mere handful:

a. Obama is not a U.S. Citizen. He was not born in the US. He was born in Kenya.
He cannot produce a birth certificate. His birth certificate is fake. Etc.
b. Obama is a Muslim. He is a radical Muslim. He is the Manchurian candidate for radical Islamists. He is not a Christian. He is the anti-christ.
c. Obama pals around with terrorists. He is a terrorist. He is a terrorist sympathizer. He is a communist, a socialist, a radical, a nazi, a fascist, a leninist, a stalinist.
d. Obama is Un-American and his wife hates America and white people.

And on and on it went. Untrue, indeed patently false and libelous stories conceived and pushed into the mainstream day after day, mostly by the folks YOU, as a right winger, know and love or don't know and love.

2. Obama et al decide that they aren't going to allow their campaign to be torpedoed by false smears the way Kerry allowed his campaign to be, so they come up with strategies to combat these memes, these falsehoods, these silly stories, these partisan smear campaigns.

One of the tactics is to start a web-site for Obamabots (yea, that includes me and I accept the label proudly, just as I accept the labels "liberal" and "socialist" proudly) to report these smears so they can track them down to their sources and respond to them quickly in order to dispel them.

The beauty part is that the folks posting stories on the website are Obamabots obviously, so now the campaign gets their names and e-mails on a list! That way they can bombard these folks with campaign donation requests and calls for volunteering!

So, you see, what to you, with your little right wing mind is "whining" is actually a clever device to dispel ridiculous rumors so that they can't gain traction while at the same time developing a registry of potential donors and volunteers.

So, I'd say pretty smart politics.

Alan
9-18-11, 1:34pm
So, you see, what to you, with your little right wing mind is "whining" is actually a clever device to dispel ridiculous rumors so that they can't gain traction while at the same time developing a registry of potential donors and volunteers.

Channeling Bevis (or was it Butthead?), heh, I've got a little right wing mind, heh heh heh!

Catwoman
9-18-11, 2:17pm
Au contraire, Rosebud, I call him a tiny little baby President because he is woefully unaccomplished, failing miserably at his job and incredibly thin-skinned. All good reasons. Are you related to Loosie? You write like she does!

This brings to mind the slam-books of Jr. High. Does anyone remember those? A person's name would be at the top of a page in a spiral notebook. It would be passed around and people would write their opinions on them on the pages. Many were vile and hateful. Attackwatch is kinda an Obama slambook of his detractors...very juvenile hence the tiny little baby president moniker.

So that you can UNDERSTAND the excuses in your little history lesson is more of the whining and finger-pointing about how the callous meanies on the right are out to discredit the annointed one.

loosechickens
9-18-11, 3:11pm
ummmm...I think the analogy to a "slam book", catwoman, would be more a page on some rightwing blog, or site like Free Republic, where President Obama's name could be at the top, and partisan enemies could "slam" him with hateful comments....in that sense, the whole rightwing blogosphere is one big Obama Slam Book.......

Personally, I think it is appropriate for the Obama campaign to ask supporters to let it know exactly what lies and slams are being circulated about the President, especially given the towering level of lies that were circulated about him in the 2008 election.

Unless one knows what lies are being circulated, they can't refute them. And as John Kerry learned to his chagrin, thinking that your record speaks for itself, and no sensible person would believe the lies being told about you, just doesn't work in today's highly charged rightwing lie machine.

Every public relations person knows that if you are being smeared and do not immediately fight back, strongly and openly, the lies will stand. I think that is what happened to the President in the 2008 election. As an intelligent person, I think he really did not BELIEVE that people could possible believe the lies being told about him, so knocking them down was not as swift as it should have been. Perhaps this time, response will be more robust. I hope so.

Alan
9-18-11, 3:24pm
ummmm...I think the analogy to a "slam book", catwoman, would be more a page on some rightwing blog, or site like Free Republic, where President Obama's name could be at the top, and partisan enemies could "slam" him with hateful comments....in that sense, the whole rightwing blogosphere is one big Obama Slam Book.......

Personally, I think it is appropriate for the Obama campaign to ask supporters to let it know exactly what lies and slams are being circulated about the President, especially given the towering level of lies that were circulated about him in the 2008 election.

Unless one knows what lies are being circulated, they can't refute them. And as John Kerry learned to his chagrin, thinking that your record speaks for itself, and no sensible person would believe the lies being told about you, just doesn't work in today's highly charged rightwing lie machine.

Every public relations person knows that if you are being smeared and do not immediately fight back, strongly and openly, the lies will stand. I think that is what happened to the President in the 2008 election. As an intelligent person, I think he really did not BELIEVE that people could possible believe the lies being told about him, so knocking them down was not as swift as it should have been. Perhaps this time, response will be more robust. I hope so.

That's a pretty good explanation several years after the fact. But, as I recall, no one really knew anything about candidate Obama other than the carefully orchestrated biography in his books. All the important aspects of his life prior to the campaign have been hidden, although I think that was more a strategy to allow potential "Obamabots" (as someone else presents herself) to become enraged at any questioning.

Perhaps if the press had spent a portion of their time vetting the Democratic candidate rather than all their time dis-crediting the Republican Vice Presidential candidate, those lingering issues could have been resolved quickly and painlessly.

rosebud
9-18-11, 3:30pm
Good God, you cannot be serious. You are doubling down on the name calling, refusing to respond to the substance of my post and you have the nerve to bring up jr. high?

I see your point now. It is true that in your world, your small, cramped, mean-spirited world, "libruls" are NEVER allowed to respond in any way to outright smears, slanderous allegations or preposterously false stories. That makes them "thin-skinned" apparently.

I understand now. You have the complete and utter inability to pass "the shoe on the other foot test." This means that you are unable to imagine your response to any given situation without putting it through the prism of your political bias. Unfortunately, that usually comes with the heavy price of being a hypocrite on any given topic.

Because if a Republican politician had set up this website, it would be perfectly a-okay with you and you wouldn't be calling him or her a thin-skinned baby. If a Republican were to respond to his or her critics, detractors or those who spready slanderous lies about him or her, it would be okay.

It's just not okay if a Democrat does it.

Honey, you want to play who's the most thin-skinned? Game on. I'll take your Barack Obama and raise you one Sarah Palin.

No, not related to Loosie. A new liberal's in town and I don't put up with #@!).

Alan
9-18-11, 3:38pm
Good God, you cannot be serious. You are doubling down on the name calling, refusing to respond to the substance of my post and you have the nerve to bring up jr. high?

I see your point now. It is true that in your world, your small, cramped, mean-spirited world, "libruls" are NEVER allowed to respond in any way to outright smears, slanderous allegations or preposterously false stories. That makes them "thin-skinned" apparently.

I understand now. You have the complete and utter inability to pass "the shoe on the other foot test." This means that you are unable to imagine your response to any given situation without putting it through the prism of your political bias. Unfortunately, that usually comes with the heavy price of being a hypocrite on any given topic.

Because if a Republican politician had set up this website, it would be perfectly a-okay with you and you wouldn't be calling him or her a thin-skinned baby. If a Republican were to respond to his or her critics, detractors or those who spready slanderous lies about him or her, it would be okay.

It's just not okay if a Democrat does it.

Honey, you want to play who's the most thin-skinned? Game on. I'll take your Barack Obama and raise you one Sarah Palin.

No, not related to Loosie. A new liberal's in town and I don't put up with #@!).

WooHoo!!! You're gonna be fun.

rosebud
9-18-11, 5:20pm

No, you're gonna be fun, my worthy adversary!

Those of you old enough to remember...I am the liberal formerly known as "Ajaye." I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

peggy
9-18-11, 5:23pm
Down boy! Rosebud appears to have some grey cells in that liberal head. You go girl!

peggy
9-18-11, 5:24pm
Or maybe boy, I don't remember.

rosebud
9-18-11, 5:34pm

You remembered correctly...female, girl, woman, old hag (my dd's pet name for me)...Nice to "see" you all again!

iris lily
9-18-11, 8:14pm
Ajaye! Well, how's about that! I figured that you were someone who had been here before, but actually thought you were someone else.

Librarian, then attorney, right? Certain things I don't forget.

And here's something weird: I thought about you last week week in conjunction with an issue that came up in my life about "moms and daughters and the hair care of daughters." I won't go into details, but I was thinking about my own mother and my hair, and thought about your post about your daughter wanting to keep her hair long. I couldn't remember your screen name and didn't really try, but I remembered your post.

Catwoman
9-18-11, 9:53pm
Ah Rosebud, my mistake, not related to Loosie but perhaps Carnac the Magnificient since you"see" everything so clearly. No, I would not have been ok if a Republican had set up this website because, frankly, it is a really STUPID endeavor. I wouldn't want to be associated with anything so stupid.

I wasn't name-calling (retreat to lefty victimitis). I was describing his record as a failure, his maturity level, etc.

You are making an assumption that because I am a conservative I can't spell "liberal"...You know what happens when you assume...

loosechickens
9-18-11, 11:58pm
Ah, Ajaye.....welcome back!!! Like Iris Lily, I could feel, from the posting style that you were someone from the past, but couldn't put my finger quite on it....for a bit, I thought you might be an alter ego of Peggy's, even.......I've missed your special, razor sharp abilities, and think that Alan will be both a worthy adversary, and have to stay right on the top of his game to compete, hehehehe.

I can go about my real life business more and know that the rightwing points here are being countered.......I hand over that job, willingly....I've got a LOT of stuff that hasn't been getting done, hahahahaha.....

It will be fun to sit back and watch, though.......although, remember, everybody........all's fair, but keep it within forum guidelines, and stay away from the personal attacks....other than that, think it's going to be an interesting election season.

I leave you in good hands, Alan......Have fun, you guys....... ;-)

peggy
9-19-11, 8:34am
An alter ego? Really? And someone else thought I was LC, or imitating Her. Really folks, i am who I am. cow-hi I even use my real name, although it is a nick name. (Not very creative, I know) It would never occur to me to post under an 'alter ego', but if i did, don't you think I'd come from a different angle? I mean, wouldn't I be uber conservative, or just really dumb or something.;)
sheesh! It's a little disconcerting to find everyone thinks I sound like everyone else.:doh: I guess it's true, after 40 you just melt into the blob known as 'older women'. I swear I could rob a bank, (or write a novel, apparently) and no one would know it was me. Oh well. At least I'm lumped in with the really smart, educated, witty older liberal women and not with, you know, some others.

Welcome back Ajaye. It's always nice to have another intelligent voice to uphold Truth, Justice and the American way.:D

Too many icons, right? I love them!

Alan
9-19-11, 9:23am
An alter ego? Really? And someone else thought I was LC, or imitating Her.

I wouldn't take it personally Peggy, it's just that if you've got multiple people constantly saying the same things, even using the same language to demean those they disagree with, individuality begins to blend into groupthink, or maybe like the Borg's hive mentality. Resist assimilation!! :D

peggy
9-19-11, 1:51pm
I wouldn't take it personally Peggy, it's just that if you've got multiple people constantly saying the same things, even using the same language to demean those they disagree with, individuality begins to blend into groupthink, or maybe like the Borg's hive mentality. Resist assimilation!! :D

Resistance is futile!
You are right. The conservatives here do tend to march lock step, regurgitating the same 'ol republican talking points. ;) fortunately there are some pretty bright democrat/liberal voices here to counter those right wing lies and distortions.:D

rosebud
9-19-11, 7:40pm
Ajaye! Well, how's about that! I figured that you were someone who had been here before, but actually thought you were someone else.

Librarian, then attorney, right? Certain things I don't forget.

And here's something weird: I thought about you last week week in conjunction with an issue that came up in my life about "moms and daughters and the hair care of daughters." I won't go into details, but I was thinking about my own mother and my hair, and thought about your post about your daughter wanting to keep her hair long. I couldn't remember your screen name and didn't really try, but I remembered your post.

Hello Iris Lilly:

You changed your name too, to a nice flower name. Yes, you might have remembered the post about me having to cut out a huge rat's nest from my dd's hair...

Now fortunately both my kids are grown up enough to deal with their own hair, I stay out of it. Their literal hair, not always their figurative hair.

I need to go to the Reviews topic and find out what you've been reading and watching lately...you have very similar taste to mine in that arena!

Cheers!

Gregg
9-19-11, 8:07pm
An alter ego? Really?

There are those of us here, lurking in the shadows until the time is right, that believe you are really James Carville. (It was the Capital One commercials that clued us in...peggy.) Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows! Muhaaaaaaaa.

Dharma Bum
9-19-11, 8:36pm

You remembered correctly

Watch out Alan, that boy called Sue was a tough one, who knows where this is headed.

Alan
9-19-11, 8:48pm
Watch out Alan, that boy called Sue was a tough one, who knows where this is headed.
Good point! But as I recall, that boy named Sue walked away with a different point of view.

rosebud
9-19-11, 9:22pm
Good point! But as I recall, that boy named Sue walked away with a different point of view.

Ha! Good luck with that!

rosebud
9-19-11, 9:43pm
Ah Rosebud, my mistake, not related to Loosie but perhaps Carnac the Magnificient since you"see" everything so clearly. No, I would not have been ok if a Republican had set up this website because, frankly, it is a really STUPID endeavor. I wouldn't want to be associated with anything so stupid.

I wasn't name-calling (retreat to lefty victimitis). I was describing his record as a failure, his maturity level, etc.

You are making an assumption that because I am a conservative I can't spell "liberal"...You know what happens when you assume...

Let's deconstruct this step by step.

Thank you for recognizing my sharp vision.

I'll take your word for it that you would think it equally stupid if a Republian set up an anti-smear website for suppporters to report untrue allegations. I have no proof otherwise since no Republican candidate has ever been called a Muslim, unAmerican, the anti-Christ, a terrorist sympathizer etc. and so we don't know what his or her response might be. Let me ask you a question. Is responding to critics via Twitter and Facebook okay? Or is that also "stupid."

Anyway, let's remember who won the election, eh? Stupid is as stupid wins.

Calling the President of the United States a whiny baby IS name calling. That's just what it is. Calling you out for that is NOT a retreat to "left victimitis" which in itself is name calling. Standing up for one's beliefs and oneself is not being whiny or being a victim. If I said something like, why do you have to be SOOOOOO mean, you really hurt my feelings, you're soooooooooo unfair, then maybe you'd have a point, but I don't remember doing anythiing like that. I mean seriously, what the heck is wrong with defending oneself? How on earth does that make one a victim or whiny? Please explain.

Jeez, are you saying I'm an ass because I was using the term "librul" in a tongue in cheek way to denote the way conservatives sometimes dismiss liberal opinions out of hand without actually responding to substantive issues? Fine. May I suggest the term "Rethuglican" for your consideration in an irony off?

Alan
9-19-11, 9:45pm
Ha! Good luck with that!
I've got faith. Liberals like to believe they have an open mind. If that's true, there's always the chance that someone can put something in it.

rosebud
9-20-11, 12:57pm
I've got faith. Liberals like to believe they have an open mind. If that's true, there's always the chance that someone can put something in it.

I can't speak for all liberals, but I know for sure that I don't really have an open mind on all things. I'm beyond persuasion on some issues, so I have to admit I do have a very closed mind in many ways. For example, there is nothing on God's greenish earth that could get me to change my mind on gay marriage. There simply is not a single argument against gay marriage I have run across in 30 odd years that struck me as remotely related to logic, indeed, common sense, compassion, or cold factual evidence.

Don't forget that even an open mind is not an empty mind, and my mind is jam packed with very useless information such as the names of all the characters on the Brady Bunch, so it is very hard for people to stuff more stuff in there. Give it your best shot.

Alan
9-23-11, 12:43pm
Attack Watch Update: The people running the site have not Tweeted since September 14 (http://twitter.com/#!/attackwatch), and the last “Attack File” was posted September 12 (http://www.attackwatch.com/attack-files-entry/aw-immigration/).
After 9 days of no activity, can we reasonably assume that there's no attacks to watch?

LDAHL
9-23-11, 1:06pm
Attack Watch Update: The people running the site have not Tweeted since September 14 (http://twitter.com/#!/attackwatch), and the last “Attack File” was posted September 12 (http://www.attackwatch.com/attack-files-entry/aw-immigration/).
After 9 days of no activity, can we reasonably assume that there's no attacks to watch?

Perhaps they got tired of being laughed at and decided to cut their losses.

Alan
9-23-11, 1:21pm
Which takes us back to the origins of this thread:

His first Ministry of Truth attempt (to report those who were critical of the health care act) ended badly after just a few weeks. I wonder how long this one will be around?
About two weeks seems to be par for the course.

Alan
2-14-12, 4:30pm
Maybe not. Now there's The Truth Team (http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team).

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/truth-team-zombie.jpg

LDAHL
2-14-12, 4:53pm
And if this try doesn't work, we'll be hearing from the Verisimilitude Vigilantes and the Reality Wranglers.

peggy
2-14-12, 9:40pm
Wow Alan, really slick of you to try to suggest that cartoon came from Obama's website to counter lies,... like this cartoon. Kind of a circle isn't it!
So, you have a problem with the President having a web site dedicated to countering lies about his policies and agenda? Seems pretty normal to me, and reasonable. Especially considering the army of good little conservatives who go on forums and do things like, oh I don't know, post cartoons that show him in a bad light and try to attribute those cartoons to him and his website? You know, that ready little army of Rush Beck wanna-be's who take something very ordinary and expected, like a web site to counter lies by the opposition, and try to twist it into something EVIL...EVIL I tell ya!!
Sorry dude. Not buying it. Try again.

Alan
2-14-12, 10:12pm
Wow Alan, really slick of you to try to suggest that cartoon came from Obama's website to counter lies,... like this cartoon. Kind of a circle isn't it!

I didn't suggest that, and am actually surprised that anyone would make that assumption.

A little tip for your future use. When you see a cartoon or picture anywhere on the internet, and you want to know where it came from, right mouse click on it and then choose 'properties'. That will give you the path to it's source location.

So, you have a problem with the President having a web site dedicated to countering lies about his policies and agenda? Seems pretty normal to me, and reasonable. Especially considering the army of good little conservatives who go on forums and do things like, oh I don't know, post cartoons that show him in a bad light and try to attribute those cartoons to him and his website? You know, that ready little army of Rush Beck wanna-be's who take something very ordinary and expected, like a web site to counter lies by the opposition, and try to twist it into something EVIL...EVIL I tell ya!!
Sorry dude. Not buying it. Try again.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=222&thumb=1&d=1299877844 I love it when when you get all fired up. Have another one on me. http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=214&thumb=1&d=1299877758

loosechickens
2-14-12, 10:58pm
ah, so you read hotair, too, Alan.....one of my favorite sites for reading the comments below the articles to test the pulse of conservative opinion.....better than a Frank Luntz focus group, methinks......

personally, since the ugly lies pile up like maggots, I think it's great that people have a site they can go to to have them debunked and the facts straight. Kind of just a political snopes.com or politifact or something similar.

remember, if you guys weren't lying about him, he wouldn't have the need to even HAVE this kind of site. but since the birthers, accusers of him being Muslim, wanting 65 year old Catholic women to be forced to use birth control against their religion, being a Marxist, communist, hating America, going to put white people in concentration camps, etc., SOMETHING is needed.

if the left is lying about your team, I hope they put up factual sites to counter lies as well. we need more sunshine pouring in on the piles of sh*t of lies that are getting so deep in this election season that all our boots are going to be overwhelmed and we'll be squelching soon in our sock feet.

LDAHL
2-19-12, 11:31am
remember, if you guys weren't lying about him, he wouldn't have the need to even HAVE this kind of site. but since the birthers, accusers of him being Muslim, wanting 65 year old Catholic women to be forced to use birth control against their religion, being a Marxist, communist, hating America, going to put white people in concentration camps, etc., SOMETHING is needed.

Something is indeed needed. Money. It serves the Obama people well to seize on any tinfoil-hat ranting they can dredge up, and try making it out to be the consensus opinion of their opposition. It's an effective way to distract from the President's record. Anyone with common sense dismisses such fringe nonsense out of hand. Fortunately, the party base at which this web site is aimed, is already primed for righteous outrage on any pretext. The site will no doubt add to the contributor database.

loosechickens
2-19-12, 12:29pm
well, since large numbers, in polls, show that they BELIEVE that fringe stuff, I'll have to respectfully disagree, LDAHL. Fringe nonsense it may be, but swallowed by a whole lot of voters, for sure.

Right in my own real life, I can name more than a few people who believe firmly that President Obama is a Muslim, was born in Kenya, hates America, is going to take away their guns, and in one case of an elderly friend, even that he is, with Obamacare, going to force her to take birth control pills. She is 68 years old. And looking for a way to flee the country if he is re-elected, which should show you how powerful that "fringe nonsense" is being taken.

Nope, I think both sides should have sites where the bulls*t being spread around can be refuted, facts ascertained, and some degree of actual education as to actual views and policies be done.

I have a fundamentalist Christian friend who believes that Romney is a plant from the Mormon Church that is going to destroy "real Christians".

The crap that is floating around during this election season is enough to make gods cry. Hurray for any way that the bullsh*t can be combatted. JMHO

LDAHL
2-19-12, 1:19pm
Nope, I think both sides should have sites where the bulls*t being spread around can be refuted, facts ascertained, and some degree of actual education as to actual views and policies be done.

I think expecting objective truth from campaign websites makes as much sense as relying on your many misinformed acquaintances.

ApatheticNoMore
2-19-12, 1:45pm
Right in my own real life, I can name more than a few people who believe firmly that President Obama is a Muslim, was born in Kenya, hates America

How do you even parse a statement like "Obama hates America" to determine it's truth? Let's look at the "hates" part. That depends on knowing what is going on in Obama's mind. Exactly how are we supposed to know that? It's unknowable. And politicians are nothing if not good actors. Let's look at the "America" part. What is "America"? If it's the basic principles the country is supposed to hold then yes the Obama administration violates the Bill of Rights (and frankly these aren't just American laws, but widely believed principles - there's international human rights laws they violate). If it's the American people then if you think Obama's policies are bad for them you could argue "Obama hates America", although the hate parts still gets tripped up on motive, which again is unknowable. So it's not strictly accurate. You'd be better off arguing "Obama's policies are disasterous for the American people" or something. I could certainly think of many good and many not so good arguments for this.

Well we have this little thing called the intertubes that basically IS that. We have alternative journalists, we have bloggers, we have twitter tweeters. We also have plenty of partisan websites. We have National Review and The Nation, Reason and Mother Jones and Huffpo. So your patent application is denied, for that idea is already common knowledge! But it's not a centralized ONE STOP shop for talking points for every possible claim (although there is really no shortage of talking points out there). And frankly even the partisan websites aren't THAT partisan as what you are looking for. Because they are willing to ocassionally take their party to task on matters of principle.

The internet must be dangerous to the powers that be, they keep trying to destroy it (and spy on it):

Internet spying bill:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-07-29/news/29848111_1_house-panel-isps-bill
Department of Homeland security monitoring twitter/blogs:
http://www.fastcompany.com/1816814/department-of-homeland-security-explains-social-media-monitoring-project-to-congress

I'm not sure the Truth(c) Team is even for converting the Obama haters. Is that the real purpose? Maybe it's rather for futher brainwashing the Obama followers, those who work for the Truth Team, just making use of cognitive dissonance. Hard to break from a position once you argue for it so much (and sadly it is not even a position you are arguing for, but a particular leader). Maybe it's even for a larger goal, like giving our leaders in general some kind of legitimacy among the populus they really should not have (then the antidote is is something like OWS and REAL democracy ... and they know it). But isn't even arguing on the internet making some comittment to a stance? Well yes, to a degree, to a degree .... but not to as much of a degree as constantly having to spread Obama talking points as some kind of mission .... (if you are going to turn yourself into a salesperson you should at least ask to get PAID for it! :)).

bae
2-19-12, 1:53pm
The crap that is floating around during this election season is enough to make gods cry.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/makiener/Irony.jpg