PDA

View Full Version : Just 14 days left!!!

gimmethesimplelife
10-4-11, 12:14am
For those of you who have read my posts about how crazy my seasonal job has been this year - - - IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!!! Just 14 days left.....There is light at the end of the tunnel and it does look like I am going to make it. Just wanted to share this, who knows, maybe someone out there is in a similar sitution and this post might inspire them? Will be here much more once this is over.....Rob

loosechickens
10-4-11, 3:59am
Ah.......like a prisoner in his cell, marking Xs on his calendar.........know you will be really glad to see this job disappear in the rear view mirror of life. There is just something about working for and with dysfunctional people that is hard on a person, huh?

hang in there.....only a couple of weeks now...... ;-)

flowerseverywhere
10-4-11, 7:13am
I am glad you made it. I hope you have met your financial goals. what is next on the agenda?

jania
10-4-11, 9:40am
Terrific Rob! I hope during these last two weeks you can have a few more of those "kitty-cat" peaceful moments, even if a cat isn't present. You are in a beautiful area which I'm hoping helps make your time a little more bearable. Your enthusiasm shows in your post so I'm really happy for you.

freein05
10-4-11, 11:01am
Rob as we used to say in the army you are a short timer. Good for you.

Spartana
10-4-11, 3:41pm
Good luck and congrats short timer :-)! What are you going to do next? I'm sure a few kitties and puppies at Best Friends would love to have you around - and Kanab seems like a nice place to live.

gimmethesimplelife
10-4-11, 11:38pm
Hi all and thanks for the responses! Yes indeed I am a short timer and am counting those days on down. After this I will be spending four nights in Vegas for a frugal mini-vacation (no gambling, $7.95 steak dinner at Ellis Island once, $4.95 steak and eggs at Ellis Island probably more than once lol, a visit to the Atomic Testing Museum I have always wanted to see.....A visit to CBS Television City in MGM Grand where I hopefully will get $20 and a free CSI coffee mug again to preview and rate CBS pilot shows, and a visit to Test America at the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian to see if I can do any marketing research for a freebie or two or cash.....Some people watching, definitely over to the Bellagio for the conservatory and the dancing waters....Off to Phoenix again to work on the house and a few family projects and am going to just sell and/or just get rid of much of what I own that I don't need....which is a lot of it....will be posting here about the process and I am also thinking about starting a blog on the topic for the fun of it.....After that....I'm not sure. Possibly a program at Gateway Community College in Phoenix about web design, possibly medical research if I can qualify for a decent study or two, possibly a season at Zion National Park as it is much closer to town and also is only 30 miles away from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary......We'll see what turns up. I do believe if I shed some more of my possessions - and you are reading the post of a former shop a holic here - new opportunities will come along eventually. At any rate I can say with a great deal of certainty I am done here at the North Rim......And something else that is cool is I feel fine that this door seems to be closing as today I finally had the chance to see the Colorado River at Lee's Ferry and also Horseshoe Bend outside of Page - both are absolutely incredible.......And now off my list, too! Rob

Selah
10-5-11, 8:47am
Have fun in Vegaas, Rob! I used to live near Vegas and can definitely vouce for the Atomic Testing Museum...it's 'da bomb, LOL! There is a pretty good city bus service in Vegas, and you can use it to get to cheaper parts of town as well as enjoying an interesting way to see the city. There are lots of cheap ethnic restaurants going up W. Charleston, and at the top you'll be very close to Red Rock Canyon, which is beautiful. The bus even lets you take your bike onboard. Congratulations on making it through the season (I had a job like that, complete with daily red X's on the calendar)!

saguaro
10-7-11, 1:43pm
Rob, now that you are down to those last two weeks, that will make it much easier. Enjoy some of that beautiful GC scenery before you leave the North Rim. DH and I are planning (well, I am planning and trying to talk DH into it, lol) to hike down to the bottom of the canyon sometime in the next couple of years, but aiming for winter/spring 2013. Gotta get in shape, as much as I can out here in flat Illinois!

Getting a gig at Zion sounds great. It's a beautiful place and not as isolated as it's right next to the town of Springdale plus Kanab, Hurricane, and St. George are not far. The isolation of the North Rim probably didn't help the stress level from the job. Plus, your experience at the GC should make you a good candidate. Do you know anyone there who could clue you in on the work environment? It appears that the work environment has more to do with the on-side management than the company overall.