PDA

View Full Version : Happy to find a like minded people

Acorn
10-4-11, 9:21am
I'm so pleased to come across this forum. Sometimes living simply and fiscally responsible can make one feel out of pace with mainstream society. Even though I read YMOYL when it first came out (1993?) I'm embarrassed to say I really didn't make changes until 2003 or so. But I always say, better late than never!

razz
10-4-11, 11:27am
Welcome and give yourself credit for reading it and then recognizing the value for modifying your goals and expectations.

CathyA
10-4-11, 12:01pm
Welcome to the 'hood Acorn! We look forward to seeing you around!

treehugger
10-4-11, 12:06pm
Definitely better late than never and it's never too late to start making positive changes (I'm typing this so that I can remember it). Welcome!

Kara

Marianne
10-4-11, 8:50pm
Welcome!

fidgiegirl
10-4-11, 9:12pm
I distinctly remember that feeling when I first found the forums, too. Like, FINALLY, there was a group out there to support my ideas instead of trying to always talk me out of them or tear them down. Welcome, Acorn!!!

HappyHiker
12-19-11, 1:36pm
Yep, out of step is how I often used to feel. In fact, DH and I left upscale California for a small port city in North Carolina where we got away from keeping up with those damned Joneses. I hate those yuppy upstarts. The only people we've run across like that here just happen to be from--LA!

flowerseverywhere
12-19-11, 3:05pm
It is very nice to know that there are other people out there who appreciate more than what money can buy. Glad you're here.