PDA

View Full Version : Romney "Morman" In Question / Bachmann Defends Tolerance? LOL

heydude
10-10-11, 1:11pm
So the question of "Morman" came up and many of the candidates that just so recently preached about needing Christian God stuff in our offices and taking back our nation for God and all that, well, now they are running to Romney's defense and Michelle Bachmann even said "there is no test for this office, we value tolerance and liberty."

LOL, really? in that case, give me a non-christian totally Bachmann, would that be okay with your tolerance? LOL

it is kinda funny. i like it.

Alan
10-10-11, 1:20pm
I don't understand the "Christian God stuff in our offices" or the "give me a non-christian totally Bachmann".

Greg44
10-10-11, 1:34pm
FYI - it is "Mormon" -- :)

poetry_writer
10-10-11, 3:58pm
I just wish any of them would say what they REALLY think. On this issue and on all issues. Correct or politically incorrect. I wish just one of em had the guts to say what they really believe and think. None of them do, They are politicians. Fence sitters.

freein05
10-10-11, 6:14pm
If Rommey gets the Republican nomination I bet he moves to the center to pick up independent voters. His history as governor seems to indicate he is a moderate Republican. But to get the nomination he has had to make a big shift to the right. Typical of a politician saying what is necessary to get elected.

Rogar
10-10-11, 6:47pm
Politics aside, I think it's pretty exciting that what might have previously been considered unacceptable racial or religious minorities for a presidential candidate are now leading the fields. This wouldn't have been a possibiity 10 or maybe 15 years ago. Maybe there is hope for us.

My objections would lie with folks like Rick Perry, who seem to want a little closer connection between religion and politics than I would prefer.

Now if we could just just a nice peace loving Buddhist as an option.

janharker
10-10-11, 8:17pm
I think that we might be better to pick someone who doesn't flaunt his religion one way or the other. The conflicts around the world these days have so much of a foundation of religion behind them that a bit of neutrality might help us. And, frankly, let's face it folks, some of our best presidents have not been Christian in the strictest sense.

peggy
10-11-11, 5:47pm
Politics aside, I think it's pretty exciting that what might have previously been considered unacceptable racial or religious minorities for a presidential candidate are now leading the fields. This wouldn't have been a possibiity 10 or maybe 15 years ago. Maybe there is hope for us.

My objections would lie with folks like Rick Perry, who seem to want a little closer connection between religion and politics than I would prefer.

Now if we could just just a nice peace loving Buddhist as an option.

Or an atheist! Really, this is all so dumb. Whatever I think of his politics, he doesn't seem to be in your face with his religion and I like that. I sure hope he doesn't fold and feel the need to get all pious on us.
There is a religious test in this country, whether people admit it or not, and I sure hope he isn't disqualified because of his religion. But you know, there will be a whole raft of folks who won't vote for him just because of that.

Yossarian
10-11-11, 6:47pm
Other than Perry the leading R's are an African American, a Morman, and a woman. Not bad if you are in to that, but I can't wait until all that is irrelevant and we just see candidates and judge them by their ideas.