PDA

View Full Version : Cutting back on eating.........lots of energy!

CathyA
10-23-11, 1:58pm
I'm having major problems with my GI tract. I have an appointment this week with the GI doc. I hope its nothing serious.

I've always eaten too much. I'm hungry all the time, and I graze all the time. Seems like it takes a scare with my health to get me to cut back. Anyhow......my GI tract seemed to quit working a couple weeks ago. I cut back alot on eating. Since it might be a motility problem, I cut back on veggies, unfortunately. (in case that worsens it).
I'm eating alot of chicken, cottage cheese, and I cut back on the amount of everything and am trying to avoid carbs. I bought gluten-free bread and crackers and try to eat them sparingly (since they are still carbs).
I've lost a couple pounds, but what I like the most is the amount of energy that I have now! I can't believe it. Maybe the stars and moon are in just the right places recently, but its been great having this energy. I'm accomplishing so much.
It makes me realize how much energy it takes to digest food........especially when you're eating it all the time.
I hope I can keep this up. Its a little easier to do now, since my digestion is still slow........but it gives me something to work towards.
And it makes me realize how hard carbs are for me to digest. And how sugar can really make you tired.
I hope I can get back to eating a lot of veggies soon, but I'll have to see what the doc has to say. I hope its nothing serious.

peggy
10-23-11, 4:03pm
Be sure to mention to your doc how you have altered your diet in case his results would be screwed up by it. Don't want to miss something you already eliminated. I was starting to eliminate gluten from my daughters diet but she was scheduled for a biopsy so I had to 'put' her back on gluten.