PDA

View Full Version : Pants (slacks), jeans, or dresses? (Woman's topic).

Mrs-M
10-25-11, 8:14am
Forget about the seasons, as we all know we don't run around in anything but pants in the dead of winter (colder seasons), but in relation to comfort/style, what's your preference?

Myself, I'm a pants (slacks) type, always have been. I find slacks fit me better than jeans and are more comfortable (I'm pear-shaped).

Anyhow, just a fun sort of thread that came to mind that I thought I'd start.

Selah
10-25-11, 8:43am
Pants! Skirts mean pantyhose, because skirts with socks usually look stupid! I have flat feet and have to wear inserts, which means I can't wear cute sandals or strapless heels. Too bad, because my legs are among my best features, and no one can see them! :)

ctg492
10-25-11, 8:45am
Jeans, more precise Levi.
I am having great issues with jeans, I guess that is great that is my current issue in life. The sizing and I have done lots of searching, has changed so much over the last many years. They keep shrinking the size number and adding spandex. So by the end of the day they are falling off,,,,I buy smaller size which makes me feel silly as I know I was not even a 4 in 1979 and gravity has changed the old body. But some how Levi is trying to make us feel better. I even read that in the 1970's size 0 was unheard of, now that size is all over. UMM and to think people are getting fatter.

herbgeek
10-25-11, 9:06am
Jeans in the winter, skorts in the summer for around town (non work). Nicer pants when the occasion warrants it. Dresses to weddings. Pant suits to interviews.

Float On
10-25-11, 10:47am
I currently don't own any dresses. I have a lot of skirts but seem to rarely wear them anymore. Infact I just boxed up 15 skirts and if I don't wear them next summer I'll have to donate them. I'm a capri in the spring/summer/fall and jeans in the fall/winter type of girl.

goldensmom
10-25-11, 10:48am
Jeans and skirts appropriate for the occasion.

bekkilyn
10-25-11, 10:59am
Jeans, sweats, or PJs depending on whether I am setting foot out of the house or not. Only wear pants when forced into them for work, but even those tend to be more casual. Skirts and dresses only when I'm having a crazy girly moment and don't mind wearing a "costume" for a while. I tend to just not go places where dressing up is required. Too much discomfort and hassle, especially when similarly girly and painful shoes are also involved.

IshbelRobertson
10-25-11, 11:11am
Never wear jeans, haven't done so since I was in my early 20s!

For work my attire was usually a skirt suit with a blouse/thin sweater underneath or a trouser suit. In summer, lighter skirts with silk tops or blouses and lighter jackets. Work was a fairly formal environment.

Home? More of the same, really!

Miss Cellane
10-25-11, 11:34am
At home, it's mostly jeans or khakis. For work, it's tailored slacks or a pant suit or skirts. I wear tights in the winter with my skirts to avoid the whole pantyhose issue. I like skirts; they are more flattering on me than just about any pair of pants. But at home, doing chores and such, jeans just make a lot more sense.

treehugger
10-25-11, 12:05pm
I'm wearing a skirt with tights and boots today, just like I was last time we had the "Who wears skirts?" conversation. :) I wear pants and skirts to work (tights in winter, bare legs in summer) and "lounging" shorts or pants at home (depending on the temperature.

Kara

Mrs. Hermit
10-25-11, 12:47pm
I prefer to wear skirts. But I do wear jeans when the mood/need strikes (ie hard physical labor), otherwise it is slacks.

Spartana
10-25-11, 2:23pm
Shorts for the most part (99% of the time) or some kind of long or capri length workout pant if it gets cold (rarely in SoCal). Wear jeans (like low rise boot cut flares) most other times. Don't own any dresses but have a couple of skirts (the fitted shortish professional kind as I don't like the full long kind - too much material and too bohemian & girly for me). Wear those ... um... never :-)! I do like skirts with tights and boots though and would wear those if I lived somewhere that wasn't so dern hot! Don't own any slacks either but would rather wear slacks than skirts or dresses so may get some.

madgeylou
10-25-11, 2:49pm
i like dresses (the ones i make, specifically). sometimes i wear them bare-legged with sandals (summer), or with tights and boots (like today), and sometimes i wear them over jeans or leggings or (awful word alert) jeggings.

i just find them to be really comfortable and they look pretty good on me. at this point, they are kind of a no-brainer uniform for me. i pick a dress, grab some tights or something on the bottom, throw on a pair of boots and some earrings and i'm good.

Mrs-M
10-27-11, 11:04am
Nice hearing from everybody. One thing I overlooked mentioning, sweats. Just couldn't live without my sweats (around the house). Warm, comfy, relaxing. Carefree simplicity.......

Gardenarian
10-27-11, 5:40pm
Mostly knit pants, capris, or leggings, both for work and home. I love it that there are really comfortable clothes that you can wear just about anywhere - like pretty, lightweight, rubber soled shoes that feel like sneakers, and "dressy" t-shirts and cardigans. Most of my clothes are of the "Land's End" style.
(California may be more casual than other places?)
I would just about die if I had to put on a girdle, pantyhose, and wool suit like my mother wore!

Mrs-M
10-28-11, 9:50am
Originally posted by Gardenarian.
I would just about die if I had to put on a girdle, pantyhose, and wool suit like my mother wore!Me too! LMAO!!!