PDA

View Full Version : The Best Gift

KayLR
11-14-11, 5:41pm
Think of one of the best Christmas gifts you've ever given to someone. What made it the best, and how long do you think they appreciated it?

Zoebird
11-14-11, 5:43pm
i would say that the best gift that i ever got was my aunt coming for christmas last year. i know it's a long way, and she's afraid of flying over oceans, and we had a really great holiday together. it was awesome!

my other favorite christmas gift is going to longwood gardens and enjoying the christmas decorations and organ concert and greenhouses and having a nice dinner. Usually, i pay my own way, but doing that together is my thing.

i love 'experience' gifts. :)

treehugger
11-14-11, 5:58pm
The best gift I have ever given? That's easy: I gave my husband a kidney in December 2009. I never have to give him another gift. ;) Oh, and I believe he will still be appreciating it for the next 10-20 years.

Kara

happystuff
11-16-11, 7:40am
Hmmm... not trying to be snarky or anything, but the best gift I've ever given would have to be determined by the recipient. The best gift I've every received - the first thing that popped into my head is the rice cooker that my son gave his last Christmas with us. He wanted more foods from his birth culture and the rice cooker was supposed to be my "hint". It worked - LOL!

Stella
11-16-11, 9:01am
Kara I don't think anyone is going to top that! :)

So far our trip to Wisconsin Dells last year seems like the best we've given to our kids at least. Wow! They have talked about that every couple of days for a solid year now.

I'm thinking this year is pretty much going to rock their socks too. We're going on a 13 state roadtrip.

Zoebird
11-16-11, 1:11pm
i can't think to what i have given, or what the best gift was. i usually don't remember what i do day-to-day, and i'm not sure how people receive things. kwim?

Gardenarian
11-17-11, 4:35pm
I gave my husband a Cuisart food processor 19 years ago and he has used it practically daily. It was a really good gift because I know that we wouldn't eat as many veggies if he didn't have it. He enjoys experimenting with cooking.

The best gift I ever got was a massage chair from my dh a couple of years ago. It has changed my life! I used to be a slave to my weak lower back. Now I can dig in the garden, lift heavy stuff, whatever, and I just take a quick massage and my back feels great.