PDA

View Full Version : dh challenges guys to watch 1 hour less of sports

babr
1-15-11, 8:28am
in honor of dh who has radically cut back his tv primarily sports i will put this challenge out
it was hard at first for him but he seems to have gotten over the hump?

anyway he is reading more, meditating etc.

Dhiana
1-15-11, 10:51am
But the Green Bay Packers are in the PlayOffs!!!
Go! Pack Go!

Cheesehead Dhiana

(We actually don't have tv at home at the moment,
we go to the bar down the block to watch the game :)

babr
1-18-11, 2:13pm
good for you!; dh goes to the local watering hole to have a beer and watch a bit of sports;

thats funny you mentioned the packers; i am from the upper penninsula of michigan and there are alot of pack fans there; my folks love the packrs; so i hope they keep going for my folks as they have so little in their life; but to be honest i would like to see chicago win; just because its been soo soo long;

excuse the grammer and wording; i am sure you willl understand

chord_ata
1-18-11, 2:52pm
I can't meet this challenge. I don't watch any sports at all, except when family pressure creates a superbowl viewing party.

redfox
1-18-11, 3:00pm
I can't meet this challenge. I don't watch any sports at all, except when family pressure creates a superbowl viewing party.

Ha! Us too. Although we did accept an invite to a Superbowl party, as a cultural exchange experience. We'll see if we actually go...

creaker
1-19-11, 9:04pm
I'm another who doesn't have any sports watching to cut down on. Except, as people have said, like in a bar.

Does it count if you just glance once in a while and you don't have enough interest to figure out what teams are playing?

babr
1-22-11, 9:52am
you guys are great; too funny; thanks for making my day; the only reason i would attend a superbowl party is if they had good food! yeah creaker; you can even be a bar fly; just watch less tv lol

bicyclist
1-22-11, 11:46am
It's great that sports fans limit their television sports viewing and include other activities in their lives. I decided to participate in sports suited to my interests and abilities in place of watching them on television as much as I was. I took up bicycling, hiking and the occaissional pick up basketball or soccer game.

It takes time to change one's lifestyle but in the last six years, I have bicycled almost 12,900 miles and walked quite a few more. I started by riding a few miles at a time and
have increased the amount to thirty or forty miles per ride, admittedly a long ride but there are others in my area who ride that much and more.

it has helped me to maintain my weight, given me time to reflect and keep my sense of humor!

Bicyclist

iris lily
1-22-11, 12:17pm
It's impossible for my DH to watch less sports. He watches 0.

Each year I give him the 3 point pre-Superbowl quiz: Name the two teams playing and where it is being played. He seldom gets all 3 right.

babr
1-25-11, 3:19pm
dh has really cut down; watches a bit but not for long; not having channels that carry sports has been great; but oh i forgot this is his journey; lol

CatsNK
1-26-11, 9:21am
Are women exempt from the challenge? I'm addicted to watching skiing in the winter and bike racing in the summer. Missing an hour of the Giro in May would nearly kill me!

babr
1-26-11, 12:57pm
oh yes cats! jump right in; i was addicted to those pregnant/ birth family stories; i would even do reruns!

i may have some trouble with the winter olympics but maybe we won't get it

kally
1-26-11, 1:56pm
my dh watches 0 tv, 0 sports, but he does watch lots of videos from the library and YouTube has crept in there too.

babr
1-27-11, 4:42pm
i have to give your husband credit on the tv/sports; dh does rent videos and cds from the library; how much does your dh get involved with the videos and the youtube?

and i don't want to judge people here; my dh would say dw spends alot of time in bed listening to books; not sure how much time i spend on it; listened maybe 2 hours; but took a long hike though it causes pain so i do rest in bed; and i can't watch tv; the videos yes if they are of the old variety slow moving; but i guess i have decided i don't want to watch tv; that doesn't mean others can't and that its wrong; not sure where i am going with this.....