PDA

View Full Version : Tibetan monks in my kitchen

kally
11-29-11, 12:42am
you know how some of your appliances make funny noises. Well.... my dishwasher sounds like Tibetan monks doing that really low throat chanting.

I think they are saying

Ya haidinga, ya haidinga,
which loosely translates in my mind to ---- never mind about the mess.

Do any of your appliances speak to you?

happystuff
11-29-11, 6:46am
Most everything in my kitchen just scream "clean me!". >8)

reader99
11-29-11, 12:59pm
My refrigerator say Oh clunk, my aching, gronk, back, ohwhataworld

The dehumidifier periodically develops and low angry whine

puglogic
11-29-11, 1:09pm
My refrigerator hums: "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm."

(as in, did you forget I have leftover pumpkin pie inside me?)

JaneV2.0
11-29-11, 1:49pm
My faucet says "plip, plip, plip."

kally
11-29-11, 3:13pm
my mom used to say she had a seagull in her old freezer. About once an hour it would squawk, just like a seagull.
And out pipes from the toilet like to do a little opera singing a very high tone from time to time. I like to personalize the sounds around me.

puglogic
11-29-11, 4:49pm
Kally, this thread just makes me smile :)

redfox
11-29-11, 5:22pm
Google Tuvan throat singing... :)

kally
11-29-11, 7:30pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAWFFY6QbMQ&feature=related

check out this throat singing. Interesting world we live in, non?

Mrs-M
11-29-11, 9:21pm
One of the elements on my stove sounds like a clock winding when I turn it on, and whenever I'm using the large element on the left, it pops intermittently (every few minutes) to remind me that, yep, I'm on...

ValerieAnderson
12-1-11, 7:04am
my frige usually sounds like a lion "r r r r r r r r r r r r r r............"

iris lily
12-1-11, 8:26am
This thread is hilarious.

Gardenarian
12-1-11, 6:07pm
My washer makes the "Uga chukka, Uga chukka" sound from that dreadful song "Hooked on a Feeling." That is a ear worm I could live without!

Charity
12-5-11, 3:51pm
I love this thread. I was at my sisters house a few days ago and she came out of her pantry and was all upset. Something in there was making a loud vibrating kind of sound. She has an upright freezer in there but it didn't seem to be that. There's a radiator in there and the sound was louder there but if you touched it there wasn't an vibration. She's extremelty paranoid about her heating system because she has radiators that are at least 80 years old. So she started to panic and well up with tears. I started crawling around on the floor listening. I determined the sound was coming from inside one of her cabinets. I opened it up and bingo! Something fell over in there and hit the on button on her electric flour sifter. We laughed and laughed.

kally
12-5-11, 3:53pm
I have never heard of an electric flour sifter, but glad you figured out the problem.

AnneM
12-5-11, 10:41pm
My upright freezer makes a noise like when you rub your finger around the top of a wine glass that has water in it. It does it every time I shut it.

Tiam
12-5-11, 10:53pm
At work we use a carpet sweeper. When I 'run' it, I swear it is saying "Redrum! Redrum!"

puglogic
12-5-11, 11:00pm
At work we use a carpet sweeper. When I 'run' it, I swear it is saying "Redrum! Redrum!"

ROFL