PDA

View Full Version : Article about docs making money off of medicines they prescribe for you

frugal-one
12-4-11, 12:52pm
Interesting that the doc that fixed my DH knee made over $871,000 LAST YEAR ALONE ... above and beyond his salary by getting a "kickback" for using a special device from a certain maker.

I had a cardio doc recently tell me that they give meds before considering a procedure that is known to fix a problem. You can be sure I am getting info to see if he is getting "kickbacks" on these meds. I did not take the meds nor do I like the doctor. I requested info about different docs.

Here is the article:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/health_med_fit/health-care-industry-leaves-a-trail-of-money-for-uw/article_3b3ef65c-1e87-11e1-b676-0019bb2963f4.html

razz
12-4-11, 1:37pm
Are the docs using publicly funded school settings to do their research which triggers inventions? Who owns the end results of device or drug patents? How does the taxpayer feel about this? If it is a private school, anything is possible.

frugal-one
12-4-11, 3:37pm
You misunderstand. The docs are using prescriptions and/or devices from companies and getting "kickbacks" whenever they prescribe or use them. The docs are, in effect, prescribing or using devices from certain companies so they make more money...

babr
12-12-11, 4:49pm
yeah thats been going on for years; not all docs. but alot; unfortunatly; the pharmaceutical industry has everyone in their clutches