PDA

View Full Version : Seattle area meet-up in late December

lhamo
12-4-11, 11:20pm
A shout out to the Seattle-area Simple Living forum members -- would anyone be interested in an informal Simple Living meet-up sometime in late December (after the 20th)? I'll be in town visiting family, and was discussing meeting up with redfox, but we'd also be happy to meet other friends from the forums. Thinking about a pub in Columbia City that redfox knows of as the meet up spot, but we can discuss what is most convenient/appropriate once we know who is interested.

Hope some of you are interested and look forward to meeting in person!

lhamo

redfox
12-4-11, 11:45pm
Me too! Bae, come on down. Gregg, come on - over? Up? Let's have some holiday cheer together. Iris Lily, planning a trip to Seattle soon? Anyone else?

lizii
12-5-11, 2:50am
I live in Vancouver and would love to join you, but have no way to go there.

redfox
12-5-11, 11:51am
I live in Vancouver and would love to join you, but have no way to go there.

In BC or Vanvouver, WA?

AnneM
12-5-11, 10:08pm
I'm in!

redfox
12-5-11, 10:43pm
I'm in!

Sweet!

lizii
12-6-11, 3:31am
In BC or Vanvouver, WA?

Vancouver, BC.

redfox
12-6-11, 5:00am
Lizii, connect with bae! He lives on Orcas island, in the San Juans. Y'all could carpool together. You could take the train over the border and meet him in Mt. Vernon.

lhamo
12-6-11, 7:06am
Or take the train the whole way -- only takes about 4 hours:

http://www.amtrakcascades.com/Schedules.htm

lhamo

lizii
12-7-11, 2:38am
Lizii, connect with bae! He lives on Orcas island, in the San Juans. Y'all could carpool together. You could take the train over the border and meet him in Mt. Vernon.

It's too much of a problem for me...I don't have a passport, can't afford to buy one, can't afford to buy a train ticket or a hotel room, food, etc.

I'll wait to see how the rest of you enjoyed getting together, so please let me know when you return.

RoseFI
12-12-11, 8:49am
Count me in! Columbia City works for me, as I'll travel down from the island anyway. Any more specifics on a date?

redfox
12-12-11, 12:30pm
Rozie, what island do you live on?

AnneM
12-21-11, 9:54pm
Is this still a go?

lhamo
12-22-11, 12:30am
I'm still up for it but it will need to be sometime next week -- and I need to coordinate schedules with my husband (who may need to change flights because he didn't look carefully when he booked his ticket and now has a one night layover in Vancouver -- aaagh!) and the rest of my family, who I will need to coordinate childcare with. Sorry to delay things...

lhamo

AnneM
12-22-11, 1:06am
okay, just let us know.

lhamo
12-26-11, 11:50pm
Would Thursday work for people? That would be the best day for me -- late afternoon or early evening preferable.

Hope this works out -- would be nice to meet in person!

lhamo

redfox
12-27-11, 2:48am
This Thursday evening around 5ish would work for me. Let me know.. I want to move the venue pne block, to Geraldine's. Quieter & slightly better prices.

Folks are welcome to call me at 206.852.0218 for details on location.

treehugger
12-27-11, 11:37am
I'm reading this thread for vicarious thrills. Y'all better share details of your meetup afterwards. Have fun!

Kara

lhamo
12-27-11, 1:14pm
Sounds great, redfox -- look forward to meeting you in person!

lhamo

redfox
12-27-11, 1:19pm
Sounds great, redfox -- look forward to meeting you in person!

lhamo

Ditto!!

redfox
12-27-11, 1:22pm
Hey all... I would appreciate anyone coming to this dinner to let me know asap, so I can make sure we have space in the restaurant. Either call me, text me, or message me here.
Thanks!

AnneM
12-27-11, 3:45pm
I'll be there. I'll call for the address.

redfox
12-27-11, 5:21pm
http://www.geraldinescounter.com/

RoseFI
12-27-11, 6:33pm
Count me in! Looking forward to it.

redfox
12-30-11, 1:19am
We had a lovely dinner! Four of us N'westerners gathered... I encourage regional gathings! Bae, nextime I am in the San Juans, I'd love to meet you for coffee on Orcas.