PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally fed up...

domestic goddess
12-5-11, 9:52pm
I don't usually dislike my job, but I think I am going to take the whole month of December off next year. I really can't go into work another night and hear, "can you stay late/start early/change your shift/change your days" another time. Really, I would like to spend some time with my family, I'd like to take some time to absorb the latest loss (sil's father died Friday evening), and even enjoy the season. There are some other challenges to deal with this year, and I'm so tired I can barely think. I know the parents of our kids want to enjoy their holiday, too, but I just can't make everything all right for everyone.
There, I'm done whining for a day or so. Maybe this doesn't even belong in this forum, but it is my job that is causing so much stress right now. I seemto be generally disgruntled right now, and that just isn't right, because I love this season so much. Guess my dr. is right and I am suffering from anemia now, because I sure don't have the energy to do much of anything right now.
I will try to come back to this site in a better mood.

Rosemary
12-5-11, 10:01pm
I'm very sorry for your loss, and for the stress you are experiencing. I hope you find some time to recharge!

lhamo
12-6-11, 4:26am
Sorry you are having a rough time and not getting time to recharge. I am also pretty overworked/overstressed at the moment. Ten more days to make it through and then I get a break...

Hang in there! And don't feel bad about coming here to vent if it helps, even just a little.

lhamo

Float On
12-6-11, 7:27am
Isn't it great to have a place to come to to 'scream' if we want? Vent all you want. Hope things slow down a bit for you. Can you start saying "Sorry, I've already made plans. Can't stay late tonight." You don't have to tell them your plans are to just sit with a book and cup of tea.

domestic goddess
12-6-11, 10:57am
Thank you all for understanding; I've needed a lot of that lately. Feeling better today, and I think I am better able to put things in perspective now. I am stll think seriously about taking the month off next year. I think it could be fun to go to concerts, etc., and not have to deal with a lot of other people's stuff. Not really sure how it would feel to have a holiday where I am not so exhausted, but I think I would like to find out. Anyway, my mood is better, and I think (hope) I won't need to scream for awhile.

razz
12-6-11, 1:23pm
The need to scream comes with all kinds of scenarios - work, family illness, financial woes, unexpected move, etc. A place to vent is important so I am glad we have this SLF.

frugalone
12-24-11, 4:12pm
I hope that you are feeling better. I realize this post is almost 3 weeks old, but I still wish you peace.