PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Memories

Greg44
12-8-11, 7:09pm
This past Thanksgiving - my SIL the teacher (and Principle) gave us each an assignment. Write down our Christmas memories. Maybe about a particular Christmas, what Christmas ment to us growing up, etc. etc. It was a vague assignment, but we did know that she was going to compile them into a book.

After a lot of nagging (I mean a lot), nearly all the siblings, neices and nephews - inlaws, wrote their stories. One sibling who lives out of state and doesn't get to share Christmas with us - had the stories bound into a soft cover book for each family. Her daughter did the art work for it.

It turned out to be my most cherished Christmas gift last year. Some stories made us laugh, others made us cry (my story!) - they all got us in the Christmas spirit and the joys of sharing it together as a family. After dinner and before all the wrapping paper came off we all sat around and listened several of the stories, it was great. :)

sunnyjoe
12-8-11, 9:04pm
What a great idea, I love it! I made photo books for my kids' grandparents this year but I like the idea of compiling stories.

Blackdog Lin
12-9-11, 6:53am
What a lovely idea.....and thank you for sharing it.

Float On
12-12-11, 8:47am
Very nice idea.