PDA

View Full Version : what started out to be simple . . .

chrissieq
12-10-11, 10:17pm
I decided that for my co-workers I would give a little (Hershey's) candy gift but package it in a self-made treat box that I saw on Pinterest. Made the first box yesterday. I accept that I am small motor skill challenged and it took me nearly 30 minutes to make the first box. Of course it gets easier with each box except that I made the prototype from non-holiday paper so by the time I get to Joann's tomorrow with my many, many coupons, I will have to start all over again! Wish me luck!!

I did tonight however color copy vintage holiday postcards which I will layer on card stock - yet another step in what I anticipated would be a simpler holiday.

I do have to say that my co-workers are always appreciative of the effort so it works for me.

razz
12-11-11, 1:14pm
I made placemats for family last year out of the most beautiful fabric I have ever sewn - large pink, rose, white etc pointsettias and I loved working with such gorgeous fabric. It was just a joy. So while the simplest gift may be a hassle, it is the doing with lovely materials that makes it fun for the doer and wonderful for the recipient.
Have fun with it!

Psst, how do you make this boxes?

danna
12-11-11, 4:11pm
I would love to know how the boxes are made too? Please and Thank you....

peggy
12-11-11, 5:31pm
:):thankyou:With pictures please, if you can.

iris lily
12-11-11, 7:21pm
I hope that making these things gives you pleasure. It can be fun to make small, pretty things of little value but that are lovely to look at.

herbgeek
12-12-11, 6:56am
for those who were looking for instructions on gift boxes, there is currently a whole collection of them on my favorite craft blog aggregator: http://oneprettything.com

chrissieq
12-12-11, 8:18pm
Sorry I haven't responded - been too busy folding cardstock! Really, once I got this under my belt and set it up as a production line, everything worked great! Here is the link: http://cosmocricket.typepad.com/cosmo_cricket/2010/10/how-to-fold-a-treat-bag-video-tutorial.html.