PDA

View Full Version : Lost my moleskine notebook!

Greg44
12-22-11, 6:29pm
I have a small moleskine notebook I write my daily to-do's, where I went for my morning runs, how much I weighed, random thoughts, shopping lists, just every day stuff.

Sunday I noticed it wasn't in my backpack, I checked the other usual places - then torn the house apart looking for it. >:(

I keep racking my brain to where it could be. I have carried these for years and have never lost one - until now. Not that it contains anything of great value, but it did include MY personal notes.

SOOOO frustrating - it is driving me crazy! I have given it up for lost and have started a replacement... *sigh*

Ever experience this?

KayLR
12-22-11, 6:47pm
under the car seat? Chair/couch cushions?

sweetana3
12-22-11, 8:20pm
Almost every day. Which is why I am now labeling boxes and use only one purse. That way the important stuff is in one place and I can usually tell by weight whether I am missing anything.

Right now I am looking for a pair of short scissors that were right next to me yesterday on the sofa. Cannot find them anywhere.

Tradd
12-22-11, 8:25pm
Gregg, you have my sympathies! I have a small softcover Moleskine that resides in my purse. If I lost it, yikes!

Greg44
12-22-11, 9:34pm
under the car seat? Chair/couch cushions?

Yep, checked them twice. I came home last night and thought maybe I had tossed it into one of the re-usable grocery bags, checked them all. No finds :(

Simplemind
12-23-11, 1:31am
My day planner is my brain. If I lost it I would be sunk. I am at the age that I am out of RAM. If one more thing goes in my head something else is going to have to leave. There is a 30 year collection of them back in my dresser. I go through them occasionally and they have taught me to keep notes on things I think I will never forget because I have until I read it again.
I feel for you because it would be driving me crazy until I found it.

Float On
12-23-11, 8:52am
Sure hope it turns up.

JaneV2.0
12-23-11, 12:58pm
I find almost everything lost eventually, so don't give up hope. At the moment, my favorite watch is missing...

jania
12-24-11, 9:36am
I thought I had lost some checks a few years ago, went through the time and expense to "stop" them with the bank, then one day I was doing some routine work and into my mind flew the location of the checks! I had hidden them when on a trip and forgot where they were, forgot I even hid them.

Hope the notebook location comes to you soon.

kally
12-24-11, 2:26pm
people are just crazy about those moleskins. They are pricey, so what makes it worth the money. (secretly I want one)

Greg44
12-24-11, 3:17pm
people are just crazy about those moleskins. They are pricey, so what makes it worth the money. (secretly I want one)

The quality!

I tell you there is a whole sub-culture of moleskine owners...just do a search on the internet. People actually post their sketches, moleskine modifications and customization, etc. IT IS CRAZINESS - oh, and I wouldn't own anything else...I have driven all over town looking for my favorite style.

I do see Target is now carrying a limited selection. The one I lost was not my "favorite" style, I knew it was doomed from the day I purchased it. It came in a two pack and I giving the other as a stocking stuffer - and have gone back to my original favorite! It is a sickness. :laff:

Tradd
12-24-11, 3:54pm

Quality of the paper for one! I also like that they are not spiral bound. I get the large size, softcover, ruled ones. I buy them from Amazon. Cost about $12.50, whereas they're more like $19 at Barnes & Noble. I also use the pocket sized softcover ones in my purse. The elastic strap that keeps it closed is fab in my purse, and there's no spiral binding to get caught and snag on things.

Aside from the first semester, I took all my notes for my theological studies program in the large sized moleskines. I simply used a black Sharpie to write the name of the class on the page edge (when notebook closed) so I can tell what class they were for easily. I was also the person asked to scan my notes and email them for people when they missed class, and it was very handy that when open, two facing pages fit on a scanner perfectly. Also easier to carry around, as they're smaller.

One of the pocket sized ones I carry in my purse will last close to a year.

Large size:
http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Ruled-Notebook-Cover-Large/dp/8883707168/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1324760008&sr=8-6

Pocket size:

http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Ruled-Notebook-Cover-Pocket/dp/8883707109/ref=pd_sim_b_1

ETA: I'm an Amazon Prime member, so I order anything I can from Amazon. No sales tax, either!

redfox
12-24-11, 10:54pm
I want y'all to know that based upon this chain, I bought moleskine blank pages notebooks for everyone in my immediate family as a gift... myself included! Thanks for the inspiration...

Tradd
12-24-11, 10:57pm
Redfox, which size did you get? You'll have to let us know how everyone likes them!

redfox
12-24-11, 11:03pm
For DSS, a 3 pack of plain 5x8 1/4", with brown cover, 80 pages each. For DSD, a set of two, sky blue same size, 96 page each. For me, one red, same size, 240 pages. DH already has several!

artist
12-26-11, 10:16am
Been there, done that. I feel for you Greg. I know exactly what you mean about the personal notes.

Lainey
12-26-11, 7:06pm
[QUOTE=Greg44;58794]... The one I lost was not my "favorite" style, I knew it was doomed from the day I purchased it. QUOTE]

Greg, this made me laugh pretty hard! If only our possessions knew how we really felt about them ...