PDA

View Full Version : That just blew a whole year of being frugal

Float On
12-23-11, 10:38pm
I knew better than to let my husband go christmas shopping. >:( rrrrr :sick:

Thankfully, it was all on the debit card so no debt but there goes the 'comfort zone' in the checking account. Oh, and I now know that we do have a daily limit for debit card purchases. I will ask if it can be lowered.

Wildflower
12-23-11, 10:42pm
I hear ya! ;) I do all of the Xmas shopping here. DH seems to lose his mind this time of year. LOL

babr
12-24-11, 9:58am
sorry to hear that float; dh bought for his family though we weren't supposed to; had to let it go; though; yea i know its not good; i remind him of all the times we have purchased things for his family when we have not purchased for mine; in fact my parents have given us money as gifts; tit for tat; just awful the way couples use that on one another lol

mara61
12-24-11, 10:06am
Mines out now, finishing for me. I gave him cash last week, more than I had planned since he said he would just debit the rest. NO! My goodness, all funds are accounted for and it throughs me out of whack when he does that. He's so generous with me, too much so sometimes. I am very fortunate. But I have school books to buy in a couple of weeks......

artist
12-24-11, 1:38pm
I knew better than to let my husband go christmas shopping. >:( rrrrr :sick:

Thankfully, it was all on the debit card so no debt but there goes the 'comfort zone' in the checking account. Oh, and I now know that we do have a daily limit for debit card purchases. I will ask if it can be lowered.

So sorry. I know wthat we need to have a cash only system in place if we want to stay on budget for non-need based purchases. Otherwise the debit card gets used and it ends up too low for comfort.

redfox
12-24-11, 3:15pm
Bummer. On the other hand, I hope he gets great joy from giving those gifts, and you can appreciate his desire to be giving. Oh marriage... every challenge imaginable...

Mrs-M
12-26-11, 4:08pm
So easy to do. Long before Christmas (each year), DH and I sit down together and plan around holiday spending, establishing a limit as to what our comfort zone holds, then we hold true to our budget.