PDA

View Full Version : "107 year old lives frugaly"

Spartana
1-18-11, 12:59pm
In the Yahoo business or financial section there is an article about a 107 year old guy who has been retired since 1969 without a pension and having never made more than $10,000 a year in his life. He talks about how he did it. Don't have the link but maybe someone can put it up here. Very interesting. Lindi

Crystal
1-18-11, 1:51pm
Here's the article. It's a good one!

http://finance.yahoo.com/focus-retirement/article/111817/view-of-retirement-at-107?mod=fidelity-livingretirement&cat=fidelity_2010_living_in_retirement

Mrs-M
1-19-11, 8:15am
And he looks so good! :) Wonderful story.

peggy
1-19-11, 8:35am
Forget being frugal! I want to know what he eats! :0!

Spartana
1-19-11, 12:27pm
Forget being frugal! I want to know what he eats! :0!
Lots of birthday cake :-)! My kind of diet!

Hattie
1-19-11, 12:47pm
Love the story. Thanks for sharing.

This man obviously had his priorities straight from day one. Don't buy stuff you don't need and never invest in things you don't understand. It paid off for him. You don't need a lot of money to live, you just have to ignore all those voices (on commercials and from friends) telling you to buy, buy, buy. When I used to work in an office and my office mates went out for lunch I always brown bagged it. They looked at me strange because I NEVER once went out for lunch. Whenever I was tempted, I would say to myself "how many minutes/hours will you need to work to pay for that one lunch?" That always did it for me. :)