PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor is now without a job

iris lily
1-2-12, 2:02pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/02/steve-spagnuolo-fired-rams-coach-gm-devaney-nfl_n_1179664.html

Steve got fired. Now there will another half million dollar house on the market. He lives 50 yards from me, just around the corner. Steve has very limited employment opportunities given the specialized nature of his job. I suppose it will take him a long time to find another job and given his lack of ability to produce as a CEO, he may be out for good. Too bad, I liked Steve and Maria.

Maybe he'll be going on unemployment and food stamps, joining the ranks of America's unemployed.

Rogar
1-2-12, 6:02pm
I did a quick search which said he hired on in 2009 for $12 million...if it's the same guy and the article was right? Hopefully he made a little nest egg for himself.

It's always a bummer when someone looses their job, regardless.

puglogic
1-2-12, 7:18pm
Somebody bring that man a casserole, stat.

Anne Lee
1-2-12, 8:07pm
He'll find another job. It's a tight knit club.

iris lily
1-3-12, 12:04am
oh pug, that was funny! Anne, hope you are right.

lhamo
1-3-12, 3:40am
Maybe you can talk him into downsizing into one of your tiny houses and retiring early!

lhamo

puglogic
1-3-12, 9:41am
lhamo, I love your Godin quote and just put it on my computer's desktop.

Bronxboy
1-3-12, 9:47pm
The St. Louis Rams have an important function in the NFL; making the Washington Redskins look less sorry and dysfunctional.

steve s
1-6-12, 3:56pm
Many small highly paid and specialized professions are "tight-knit clubs".
Only when someone falls can he finally know if he is a "member of the club" or "not like us". I wish him luck.

The University of Wisconsin had a bloodletting of football coaches back in 1987 or so when I was looking for a house. I got to see several assistant coach's houses. A tough line of work.

iris lily
1-6-12, 8:36pm
The St. Louis Rams have an important function in the NFL; making the Washington Redskins look less sorry and dysfunctional.

That was unnecessarily cruel.

:laff::laff::laff:

I saw Steve out jogging Wednesday am. I'd never seen him jog by before. Now that he lost access to the Rams' training facility, he's got to do it on his own.