PDA

View Full Version : Knitting... Learning Brioche stitch

redfox
1-8-12, 9:37pm
Or at least trying to! I have a book... Anyone have any tips?

Float On
1-8-12, 9:51pm
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=knitting+brioche+stitch&oq=knitting+brioch&aq=0&aqi=g3&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=1013l4233l0l6368l15l15l0l4l4l1l254l2116l0.6 .5l11l0

The first place I go anymore when I want to learn a new stitch is to youtube. Here are some options on the Brioche stitch (which I will now have to bookmark and try later).

redfox
1-8-12, 10:11pm
Thanks! I've been cruising youtube vids... Looking for one that demos the foundation row, with European knitting style! I have a book, and I think I'll hire the expert at the local textile place for her one hour coaching to get some hands on help...

cattledog
1-8-12, 10:21pm
Or at least trying to! I have a book... Anyone have any tips?

I love knittinghelp.com. That's where I learned how to knit years ago. Both styles of knitting are shown too. I never could learn how to knit from a book! The diagrams never clicked with me. Videos are great though.

razz
1-9-12, 7:06am
I had such a time learning the brioche stitch and finally got an experienced knitter to help me and a new friend. It is easy and the effect is lovely so persist. It is also called 'shaker' stitch. My new friend and I looked online until we realized that the images made things far more complicated than they really are.

redfox
1-9-12, 11:43am
I had such a time learning the brioche stitch and finally got an experienced knitter to help me and a new friend. It is easy and the effect is lovely so persist. It is also called 'shaker' stitch. My new friend and I looked online until we realized that the images made things far more complicated than they really are.

Ok, so is there a difference between yarn forward and yarn over? That is what's throwing me, on the foundation row. I believe that once I get that, I can muddle through.

I love the look of this stitch, and am eager to get a single color project done so I can go on to a two color one. I found a gorgeous man's sweater my DH likes, and that is what I am aiming for.