PDA

View Full Version : The Woman in Black

pony mom
1-30-12, 8:43pm
Anyone planning on seeing this movie? I love creepy suspense movies and this seems like a good one.

Many years ago I saw the play in London and let me tell you, it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. Two actors, minimal props, creepy atmosphere. People were actually screaming during the show.

The book was good too.

Nella
1-30-12, 11:15pm
I saw the play when I was in Bath, England. Maybe it was just that particular acting company, but I thought it was kind of cheesy. Probably won't see the movie, but then again, if I did I might change my mind about the play if the cast is good.

Tiam
1-30-12, 11:54pm
Anyone planning on seeing this movie? I love creepy suspense movies and this seems like a good one.

Many years ago I saw the play in London and let me tell you, it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. Two actors, minimal props, creepy atmosphere. People were actually screaming during the show.

The book was good too.

No idea, but the play has a reputation for being a thriller and getting people quite into the story. Let's hope this does it too. Maybe the live venue helped. I've heard it's genre horror film. and I think it's nice, sometimes to know and understand a genre so you don't have false expectations about it.

goldensmom
1-31-12, 6:33am
I saw the play in London and I don't remember it being dark and creepy like the movie previews. I remember the play as suspenseful and I liked it but based on the previews I have no desire to see the movie.

Gingerella72
1-31-12, 11:51am
I'm looking forward to it, because I love movies like this, but I also want to see Daniel Radcliffe in his first post-Potter movie role. I'm hoping he does well and won't be stereotyped as Harry for the rest of his career.

pony mom
2-3-12, 8:59pm
Well, I saw it today and it was really good. Creepy, suspenseful and well done. The house used in the movie was gorgeous. Not much dialogue and lots of surprises to make you jump. One lady screamed a few times (I jumped once). Good ending too.

Next on my must-see list, The Artist.