PDA

View Full Version : Western Organics Steer Manure

kib
1-23-11, 2:12pm
Available at you local Mall-Wart. They should have called it "Steer Clear".

The price is great - $1 a bag. That is, if you want to purchase a bag of sticks, pebbles and somewhat composted shredded bark. I really can't believe that with manure disposal such a big problem for factory farms, this POS company still finds it cheaper to scrape up logging debris from places where cattle might have walked and call it steer manure. >:(

Gina
1-23-11, 3:49pm
The last 'steer manure' I purhased a few years ago was some foul blend not remotely resembling the black gold of old. It also was $.99 per bag - not even a cubic foot IIRC. I should have been suspicious when they called it a 'manure blend'. It was so bad I didn't want it near my veg garden.

Home Depot was the culprit.

Brian
1-23-11, 7:25pm
Would make a pitch for my Airhead composting heads... but shall not... and do not share its "results". They go to neglected and abandoned old fruit trees we find in our travels. Take fruit, leave a gift in thanks around the drip line. :)

Horse stables generally want to get rid of their piles, as long as you shovel yourself? Best compost for mushroom growing.