PDA

View Full Version : Decorah Eagle Cam

jania
3-22-12, 10:58am
Is anyone else watching the Decorah Eagle Cam this year? Estimated first hatching is 3/25. I enjoy watching this event, an up-close view of nature that I certainly wouldn't be able to witness in my current home. It's a simple pleasure. The link is below, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.farmyou.com/falcon_cams/index.html

Nella
3-22-12, 11:24am
Yes! Love it!!

Kestrel
3-22-12, 6:17pm
I love watching the birdcams this time of year, tho not all of them are up yet. I have ten sites saved, and some of them have links to others, so I could spend all day watching if I wanted to! I do keep good track of the ones around Boise in particular. I also check in now and again with a blog by a photographer in Israel.

pinkytoe
3-22-12, 6:25pm
Neat!! I recently joined a birding class here and last week we spotted a bald eagle flying over. Through the scope, we watched it swoop down to the river to fish with its talons extended. Later, we spotted the nest in the top of the tree skyline and through the scope could see two little heads in the nest. Dad was sitting in a nearby tree keeping watch.

Mrs-M
3-24-12, 4:48pm
Thanks, Jania! It really is a relaxing and simple pleasure isn't it.

peggy
3-31-12, 5:29pm
YOu can see the babies real well now.

happystuff
3-31-12, 6:39pm
I've been watching the Decorah nest, as well as two in Oklahoma (one has adolescents already testing their wings and one has a newly hatched little one), and then the White Rock eagles in Han****. Very cool!

Mrs-M
4-1-12, 3:27pm
Anyone else notice how easy it is to loose track of time while watching? I know I do. So calming and relaxing. That's what I love about nature.

leslieann
4-1-12, 4:11pm
I had no idea that there were nest cameras. This is great. I love listening, too. thank you.