PDA

View Full Version : Possible coup in China?

AnneM
3-22-12, 7:28pm
Lhamo, what have you heard about what's happening in Beijing after Bo Xilai was sacked? I hear there are tanks in the streets and gunfire. I hope you and your family are all okay.

bae
3-22-12, 7:40pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdYCf36UA94

lhamo
3-23-12, 7:40am
The two papers that started this rumor are hardly reliable news sources - one is associated with a controversial religious group and the other is run by the Unification Church. The Chinese equivalents of twitter are all abuzz, but so far it seems that things are pretty normal. That isn't to say there isn't stuff going on behind the scenes. Those who were closely aligned with BXL may be on the way out, including Zhou Yongkang, who is the Politburo member responsible for the police and military. Good thing if you ask me -- I have hated him ever since he was head of Public Security in Sichuan (responsible for some awful things that happened in places I care deeply about).

lhamo

razz
3-23-12, 10:16am
Thanks for the onsite info, lhamo, including the assessment of the news sources.

Gregg
3-23-12, 11:45am
Lhamo, nice to have the inside look. Thanks.

AnneM
3-23-12, 3:05pm
Thanks for the information. It was headline news in one of the UK papers I read.