PDA

View Full Version : I had the greatest meeing with the Tax Man!

Life_is_Simple
4-4-12, 2:19pm
This is related to my former thread: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/showthread.php?4334-Your-Opinions-on-My-Tax-Questions

I met with a Tax Guy to see if I should hire him. He looked at my taxes which I did in Turbo Tax. Then he said I was doing everything right except a couple minor things that he pointed out.

We decided that I would probably hire him for an hour of consulting once or twice a year, if I had tax questions, small business questions or any number of things, since he is more than just a Tax Guy. But I was too competent in doing my taxes for him to take them from me, get paid for it, only to get the same result.;)

I wasn't charged for this initial meeting. We discussed a lot, and I learned a lot. I never had a Tax Guy I could talk to before. :+1:

Float On
4-4-12, 4:06pm
Thats great!
My tax guy went above and beyond with some extra things we had this year. We did research, he did research, extra forms, more time.....and then he charged me less than last year. He's a keeper!

HumboldtGurl
4-5-12, 12:14pm
This is related to my former thread: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/showthread.php?4334-Your-Opinions-on-My-Tax-Questions
I never had a Tax Guy I could talk to before. :+1:

Those guys are RARE, congrats!

I used to have an awesome tax preparer like that, but then she retired five years ago. It was only this year that I found someone who speaks a language I can understand and doesn't make my eyes glaze over when talking taxes.

Life_is_Simple
4-7-12, 11:39am
Thats great!
My tax guy went above and beyond with some extra things we had this year. We did research, he did research, extra forms, more time.....and then he charged me less than last year. He's a keeper!
It's nice when you have that continuity, and someone who can come through on the complex things!

Life_is_Simple
4-7-12, 11:41am
Those guys are RARE, congrats!

I used to have an awesome tax preparer like that, but then she retired five years ago. It was only this year that I found someone who speaks a language I can understand and doesn't make my eyes glaze over when talking taxes.
Why are such people ALLOWED to retire? ;)