PDA

View Full Version : Mitt 'n Newt 'n the NRA in town here

iris lily
4-10-12, 11:39pm
The NRA national convention hits town at the end of the week and Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are speaking on Friday afternoon. Rick Santorum was supposed to be here, too, but if he's dropping out of the Presidential race, perhaps he will not make it. Friday afternoon also is the opening season game for the Cardinals.

Unfortunately I will be setting up an iris show and cannot attend the conservative events of the NRA, too bad, so sad!

razz
4-11-12, 7:46am
IL, that is a truly hilarious dilemma to face - iris show or the NRA convention!

Gregg
4-11-12, 9:34am
Uhhhh.....the Cards at home in the opener vs. the Cubbies? Really? There is a choice here? I would SO call in sick for that. It will be interesting to hear what the candidates have to say to the NRA folks, but I wouldn't miss the first pitch for it (that's what youtube is for).

Iris, can you post a few pics from the show over in gardening? Bet there are some gorgeous flowers at your show!

iris lily
4-11-12, 10:01am
IL, that is a truly hilarious dilemma to face - iris show or the NRA convention!

That's true, I hadn't thought of it that way. It IS funny/ironic on one level!

In my little mind there is no incongruity in supporting both iris and guns. Guns show? Iris show? What's the dif?:D

puglogic
4-11-12, 10:15am
Good slogan in the making: "Iris don't kill people. People kill people."

Spartana
4-11-12, 12:59pm
Yeah I have the same problem when both PETA and the NRA conventions are in town at the same time :-)! I'm a card carrying member of both.

Gregg
4-16-12, 2:51pm
So Iris, what was the local take on Mitt & Newt?

bae
4-16-12, 2:59pm
I'd love to check out the trade-show part of the NRA convention sometime, it is supposed to be pretty impressive, and a fair number of interesting new products get introduced at the show.

I'm not so keen on the speechifying part of the convention.

With some luck, I'll run for the NRA board in a couple of years, and then I'll probably be condemned to attending :-(

iris lily
4-17-12, 12:34am
Good slogan in the making: "Iris don't kill people. People kill people."

ha ha ha.:)