PDA

View Full Version : Helen Reddy is living the simple life.

ashem37
4-17-12, 8:27pm
I thought some of you might enjoy this as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-Zb5HoPjM&feature=related

catherine
4-17-12, 9:03pm
Very cool piece! Thanks for sharing it.

Greg44
4-17-12, 9:16pm
Great clip! I think it would take a strong person to turn their back on fame - for many it is an addiction! Oddly enough she one of my brushes with fame!

When I was in college in Hawaii, some of us went to the Kahala Hilton to "check it out". A fellow classmate literally bumped into her as we were checking out the gift shop. She was very gracious to us. I am sure she heard us whisper - "hey that is HELEN REDDY!"

JaneV2.0
4-17-12, 9:47pm
Thanks for posting that. i loved her music and no doubt drove my neighbors crazy with I Am Woman. She looks lovely, relaxed and content.

frugal-one
4-17-12, 10:38pm
Thanks for posting. It was refreshing to see.

CathyA
4-18-12, 6:32am
Wow! It was good to see her again. She seems very content with her life.
Thanks for posting this ashem37.

ashem37
4-18-12, 7:06am
Ha, I love it! I grew up listening to Delta Dawn, I am Woman, and You and Me Against the World. I think we still have those songs on 45's.

Float On
4-18-12, 7:44am
Really nice to watch, we met her 20 years ago when she came to Branson to check out the music show scene here. Really a nice, down to earth lady even then.

Bastelmutti
4-18-12, 8:54am
Ha, I love it! I grew up listening to Delta Dawn, I am Woman, and You and Me Against the World. I think we still have those songs on 45's.

Me, too!!

jania
4-18-12, 9:42am
Thanks so much! Helen was an inspiration to me when I was in high school (I Am Woman), I think a perfect theme as I was transitioning into an adult. After seeing the video it seems she is once again an appropriate inspiration....growing older and embracing the wisdom that can be found there. She really seemed so peaceful and grounded, I loved it.

iris lily
4-18-12, 9:59am
I liked that, she looks lovely and relaxed. I forgot how stunning she was back in the day, that look aged well, I guess because she and her hair were sleek and natural.

Gregg
4-18-12, 11:13am
Not sure what I expected to see, but that wasn't exactly it. What a completely lovely interview. She just seems so calm and centered and, as Iris said, relaxed. Wouldn't mind a little more of that feeling myself someday. Thanks ashem37.

freein05
4-18-12, 12:36pm
That brought back memories. She seems to be at peace with herself and that is wonderful. Thanks1

Weston
4-18-12, 1:31pm
Never much cared for her music but she certainly seems like a very happy, centered lady with her head on right.