PDA

View Full Version : Laundry-sinks/tubs/bins...

Mrs-M
4-26-12, 6:11pm
Do you have one? Maybe a double? I have a single, and what a homemakers dream. Soaking, washing, filling buckets, etc. So handy for so many things.

Anyhow, I posted about laundry sinks/tubs/bins, earlier today, and thought it would make for a great topic to throw out there.

At any rate, would love to hear from you as to what you love best about your laundry-tubs.

Float On
4-26-12, 7:31pm
My laundry was under the stairs for years. I have bumps on my head still to prove it. A few years back, maybe '06 we turned one of the little bedrooms into "the laundry room" which is a pretty big deal for this little cabin in the woods. I got everything I wanted a sink to soak, cabinets, open shelves for display, hanger thingy for my hangers and a rod for hanging stuff as it comes out of the drier or needs to hang to dry. This was a photo when we first finished it. Its full of stuff now and a mess so no new photos. There is also room for my little freezer, and my sewing. The pup also sleeps in here. Its a 10x10 room with one window.

herbgeek
4-26-12, 7:44pm
Would love to have one, it would be so handy. New-ish house (90's), guess they don't routinely put them in anymore.

CathyA
4-26-12, 8:55pm
I don't know if this is what you mean, but we replaced the little sink in our half-bath in the utility room with a tub sink. Its great for so many things........repotting plants, washing really dirty clothes/shoes/boots, cleaning out hummingbird feeders. its great.

peggy
4-26-12, 9:14pm
Have one in the laundry room. I generally don't use it much except for filling tall things (buckets, watering can, etc..) It is where I direct the husband when he comes in dirty and wants to wash up.:)

Rogar
4-26-12, 11:16pm
I have a double. It's one of the old fashioned kind that is about four or five feet wide and weighs a ton. Unfortunately it's in the basement and I don't go down there much except to do laundry, so it doesn't get much use.

Tussiemussies
4-27-12, 3:06am
Only have a tub out in the garage, not near the laundry
But I really like the idea. Maybe when we move!

goldensmom
4-27-12, 6:51am
Wish I had one but there is no room in the laundry room. We have a deep sink in the barn, very handy for washing dirty hands and arms, big pails, parts, etc.. My dream house, the one in my head planned around the kitchen and which will most likely never come to fruition, has a deep sink in the laundry.

JaneV2.0
4-27-12, 11:22am
I have one in my laundry room--a big deep tub that I never use. If I tried, I'd probably fall in. The space would be better served if I put in a door to the garage.

Mrs-M
4-27-12, 12:06pm
Float On. I love your laundry room! Wish mine was all done and complete. The antique washboard adds such panache, and I doubly love the upper-shelving. I'll post a picture (or two) of mine when it's all done, but you're going to have to be patient.

Herbgeek. I think you're right, definitely not as common as it used to be way back when. I remember the white poly wash-bins. Everyone had one when I was a kid. The neighbours had a short rib of garden hose attached to the one they had, and when us kids were outside playing (summertime) we'd race into their basement to get a drink of cold water from it!

Greenfeast. P.S. A big warm welcome to you! So lovely to have you! I really love your avatar!!! I so agree, for handwashing and soaking, it's the best.

CathyA. Like this. (http://hi.atgimg.com/img/l/302/184976_family.jpg)Yeah, the utilitarian value of such is so indispensable isn't it.

Peggy. For homes with only a pedestal sink equipped powder room in the basement, a laundry/utility sink/bin is one of those must haves.

Rogar. Sounds like the old porcelain coated iron ones. I love those. The ones where chips show rust, or black in colour, or sometimes blue.

Tussie, Yes, do keep your eyes peeled for a laundry room with one. Makes life so much easier.

Goldensmom. We share the same dream house dream. :)

JaneV2.0. I know exactly what you mean, make your laundry room more like an anti-room or mud-room. How I wish we had that.