PDA

View Full Version : A couple of links and homemade cleaning supplies

rosarugosa
4-30-12, 8:05pm
I just found some online recipes for cleaning supplies that I'm going to try, so I thought I would share a link to the post since I know some others here are interested in this topic:

http://www.macheesmo.com/2011/01/four-homemade-cleaners/

I got this link from another site called Frugally Sustainable that my DH told me about. I "like" them on FaceBook, and it seems that a fair amount of interesting stuff shows up on my newsfeed from them, so I'm sharing a link to that site as well:

http://frugallysustainable.com/

Enjoy!

Tussiemussies
5-1-12, 4:50am
Thanks for posting these I joined the Fb one and really liked her site!

Selah
5-1-12, 6:56am
Yes, thanks for posting those links. I really like the Frugally Sustainable blog!

Blackdog Lin
5-2-12, 5:11am
Ditto my thanks for the links. I've already copied one of the "recipes" for a disinfectant kitchen spray that I'm definitely gonna make when we run out of our store-bought brand. We use a fair amount of the stuff, and I'm excited about the money we'll save using a homemade one.

fidgiegirl
5-2-12, 8:23am
Nice links! We have been doing our own cleaners for years and are very happy, but I'm always on the lookout for different recipes :)

Mrs-M
5-4-12, 9:11am
Oh, wow! Super links, Rosa, thanks. Never knew lavender was high in antibacterial properties.

rosarugosa
5-6-12, 12:00pm
Mrs M: I know, and it smells so good too!
I tried the all-purpose cleaner yesterday and I was pretty pleased with it. I've been using straight vinegar a lot lately, and I don't always find it to be satisfactory. I liked this cleaner better.
I mixed up the bath, tub and tile cleaner today, but since I cleaned the house yesterday, I won't be able to give it a definitive review until next weekend (I'm one of those folks who does all my housework on Saturdays).
I really liked mixing the stuff up; apparently there's a hidden chemist inside me who has been longing for fulfillment!

Mrs-M
5-6-12, 12:07pm
LOL, Rosa!!! Nothing wrong with that. :) I'm gaining inspiration from you.

rosarugosa
5-13-12, 7:36am
I know you've all been eagerly awaiting my verdict on the bath, tub and tile cleaner. It's good stuff! I would just caution you that if you shake it to mix up the ingredients before use, you should let it settle down, or open the container over the sink or tub because it is extremely effervescent!
I liked the fact that I had all the ingredients on hand to make these things. I've definitely noticed over the past year that I am not spending nearly as much money on cleaning products as I used to.

Mrs-M
5-13-12, 10:55am
Super! Thanks for the update, Rosa. Now that spring has finally sprung (our neck of the woods), I'll be delving into this thread a little deeper and actually getting serious about putting a few things to use! The warmer, brighter weather, sure does have a way of kicking-up ones energy level.