PDA

View Full Version : Iris Lily - are your Iris in full bloom?

Greg44
5-10-12, 2:38pm
Iris I was thinking of you yesterday as I walked to the mail box -- our neighbor's Iris were starting to bloom.

Are you ready to send over any pictures yet? I remember the pictures last year were fantastic!

We have roses that are just about to bloom and the peonies too are just about there. Soon we should have some nice flowers and some to decorate graves on Memorial Day.

Greg44

iris lily
5-10-12, 2:56pm
oooo nopp! They are pretty much gone. They were lovely! Photos next year!

Float On
5-10-12, 11:28pm
Iris lily, now that they are done for the season here in MO...is it ok to dig up and divide or is that a fall thing? Seems I remember something about you had people digging them up this last week or so.

fidgiegirl
5-10-12, 11:29pm
We are enjoying iris on our walks right now in MN. They are not a super popular flower here. I wonder why? So lovely, and so easy.

iris lily
5-11-12, 12:16am
Iris lily, now that they are done for the season here in MO...is it ok to dig up and divide or is that a fall thing? Seems I remember something about you had people digging them up this last week or so.

Ideally you wait until July to dig and move iris. They should be given time to recover from blooming. But after July 4--perfect time to dig and divide them.

Float On
5-11-12, 7:18am
Thanks, I usually waited until later but thought about digging some up to give to my mom while they are here this weekend. I'll wait.