PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

Wildflower
1-28-11, 4:01pm
My beautiful 15 year old cat died yesterday, suddenly and unexpectedly. I am still in shock. We rushed him to the vet after finding him laying on the floor not moving with labored breathing. He died in the waiting room. Our vet said he had sudden heart failure, quite common in an older cat. He had always been healthy, never had a sick day in his life. DH rescued him and his 2 littermates while out walking one day when he witnessed them being thrown out of a car near the woods by our house. They were thrown out like trash. He brought them all home and while we tried to find homes for them we wound up keeping them all. Crazy, I know, but we've enjoyed very much having them as a part of our family.

Joey was a big, gorgeous tuxedo cat. His black and white coat was exquisite. He was our spunky, fun guy and we will miss him very much....

redfox
1-28-11, 4:07pm
Oh, my dear. This is so hard. Blessings on your beautiful friend. Do you have a picture of him we could see? Are his siblings still around? My senior boy is buried in our back yard - he was almost 19, and my darling sweet friend. I still miss him 5 years later...

Mrs-M
1-28-11, 4:09pm
Sending a warm hug your way Wildflower. We've never been pet owners but I just know I'd be devastated too over the loss of a best furry friend.

Tenngal
1-28-11, 4:19pm
I am so sorry to hear about your losing the pet. It does leave such an empty spot in our hearts. Remember how you gave him a good home, a warm bed and lots of goodies to eat.

Gina
1-28-11, 4:22pm
I'm very sorry about the loss of your good friend Joey. Losing a beloved pet is very sad.

Hattie
1-28-11, 4:30pm
Oh I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you beloved pet. They are little furry members of the family. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult and sad time.

Anne Lee
1-28-11, 4:38pm
:(

It is a sad day, indeed. They leave such unexpected holes in our lives.

catherine
1-28-11, 5:09pm
So sorry for your loss, Wildflower!

jennipurrr
1-28-11, 5:17pm
So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved kitty.

CathyA
1-28-11, 5:30pm
I'm so sorry for your loss Wildflower! At least he didn't spend months being sick. And at least you were with him when he died. I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life, and he gave back with his fluffy friendship. How we love our pets! ((((((hugs))))))

kally
1-28-11, 5:53pm
So sorry to hear about Joey. Good to know he didn't suffer and that he had a much better life than he was destined for.

earthshepherd
1-28-11, 6:59pm
it's always hard to lose a beloved pet! Hugs!!

kib
1-28-11, 7:00pm
From me as well.

Simplemind
1-28-11, 7:26pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived a good life and was well loved to make it to the age he did.

iris lily
1-28-11, 9:37pm
yes, it IS a sad day when one of our beloved pets goes, especially when it is unexpected. So sorry!

Sad Eyed Lady
1-28-11, 10:26pm
Oh Wildflower, I am so sorry, and I can understand very well that sad, empty feeling you must have. I have lost two special cats, one in 1988 at the age of almost 17, and one 7 years ago at the age of 15. I was amazed both times at how much time and space one little cat could take up - the house would feel so empty without them. Now we have two, both getting ready to turn 7 and I dread seeing them grow older. Just think of the good life you gave Joey and his siblings, and remember all the love and joy they gave you in return.

loosechickens
1-28-11, 11:54pm
so sorry to hear that, Wildflower....no matter how long they live, they are still missed just as much. Glad that you were able to be there, and that there was no long illness and suffering.

Kat
1-29-11, 6:14am
(((Wildflower))) I'm so sorry to hear about your Joey. You rescued him and gave him a great life with a lot of love. I hope you are able to find some comfort in that.

crunchycon
1-29-11, 7:34am
My condolences. That's the problem with beloved pets - they never live long enough. Thank you for providing him and his littermates with love and care.

citrine
1-29-11, 9:14am
I am so sorry to hear that Wildflower....I have been there myself and just know that he had the best life with you.

JaneV2.0
1-29-11, 1:02pm
I know that feeling of loss; it's why I haven't mustered the courage to take in another cat or two.

Joey was lucky to have found you and your family and not to have suffered a lingering illness. Don't be surprised if he visits you in unexpected ways.

Wildflower
1-30-11, 5:27am
Thank you everyone for your kind words. They have been very comforting. Again, thank you.

Joey's 2 brothers are having a hard time adjusting to him being gone. They are obviously grieving and being very vocal - excessive loud meowing/crying, which is totally abnormal for them. It is sad, but to be expected since they have been together all of their lives.

Selah
1-30-11, 8:24am
Wildflower, that's so sad to hear! I echo CathyA's and the other posters' sentiments...what a lucky cat he was to have spent his life with you and your family, and his siblings. I'm so sorry for your loss.