PDA

View Full Version : End of an Era on NPR

Gregg
6-8-12, 6:55pm
Click and Clack are retiring (http://www.cartalk.com/content/time-get-even-lazier). Saturday mornings puttering around in the garage just won't be the same.

lhamo
6-8-12, 8:08pm
Oh man -- what a bummer! I love Car Talk...

lhamo

Float On
6-8-12, 8:22pm
Love their show. I had a friend who called in once and got on the air with them.

artist
6-8-12, 9:20pm
Being from MA originally, Click and Clack have been a staple to my listening for years. Going to be missed.

fidgiegirl
6-8-12, 9:53pm
Nooooooooo!

peggy
6-8-12, 10:31pm
Oh dear...it just won't be the same without Click and Clack.

iris lily
6-8-12, 11:55pm
DH was down over this news.Those guys are pretty funny.

iris lily
6-8-12, 11:56pm
Love their show. I had a friend who called in once and got on the air with them.

Was that Kathy, Kathy with a "K?" haha. I don't know why they have to know how names are spelled.

loosechickens
6-9-12, 12:24am
They will still be around.......in archived reruns of their best episodes.......but it really won't be the same. Bummer.

Rosemary
6-9-12, 9:17pm
That IS the end of an era. I will miss hearing their voices... Loosechickens is right, the reruns won't be the same. A healthy, long retirement to them! I've enjoyed many laughs from their shows.

Lainey
6-10-12, 6:49pm
Was that Kathy, Kathy with a "K?" haha. I don't know why they have to know how names are spelled.

Reminds me of a male caller who was mock complaining that the guys treated female callers differently than the male callers, e.g., "ooh, Kathy, you have such a sweet accent, are you from ...? and I bet with that nice voice you make sure the mechanics treat you good, right? etc." vs. male caller, "yeah, what do you want?"

ha ha