PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mississippi

goodlife
6-12-12, 8:51pm
Greetings. I知 new to this version of the Simple Living forums. I was an infrequent poster on the previous. After living in New Orleans for 14 years where grocery store, post office, coffee shops and restaurants were all within walking distance I致e gotten married and relocated to a rural area of Mississippi approx 30 minutes from the closest town. I知 now living on 40 acres and loving some aspects and really having to adjust to others.

I work in commercial interior design related sales, a job that can place demands that conflict with my values (like most people, I知 sure). I love the Simple Living Forums as a source of inspiration and practical information.

Tussiemussies
6-12-12, 10:32pm
Hi, glad to have you back again! Your farm sounds great. Is the propert wooded or are you farming it? Sounds like a dream to me!

mtnlaurel
6-13-12, 6:38am
Welcome back!

goodlife
6-13-12, 10:04am
Just 40 acres of pasture & woods so far. I've planted a few gardens that were gobbled up by the deer. Still experimenting to see what I can grow.

fidgiegirl
6-13-12, 7:06pm
Glad you came back! Nice to see you again. What would you say you like best about your new setting?

Selah
6-14-12, 9:17am
Welcome back, goodlife! Wow, from single in New Orleans to married and 40 acres in rural Mississippi...that's quite a shift! From Fidgie's question about what you like best about your new setting, what do you miss the most or find the most challenging about rural life?

goodlife
6-14-12, 6:33pm
Things I love are the serene landscape and slower pace. I do miss the convenience of everything I could want or need being five minutes away but it's a blessing an another sense that I don't do things so impulsively. Socially it's been bittersweet. I miss my close friends but at the same time it's a huge relief to not feel a sense of social obligation.